IT.COM

question Got an email. What would a domainer do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys. here's an "exercise" for all you domainers.

I got this email just now. After you read it. What would YOU do as a domainer? lol This ought to be fun!(y):xf.grin::xf.wink:

To:
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:35 PM
Subject: Why China’s Greater Bay is 3x larger than Silicon Valley

Hi Archimedes,

Have you been curious as to how China’s startup & tech ecosystems measure up globally? Here are some points of note to get you started:
  • There are now over 100 Unicorns in China, with a collective valuation of $435 billion.
  • Last year alone (2016), Chinese investors (Tencent Holdings, Sequoia Capital, IDG Ventures, GGV Capital, etc.) put a record $45.6 billion in U.S. companies.
  • China’s Greater Bay Area is 3x larger than Silicon Valley with a consuming population of more than 67 million people.
  • By 2030 Asia will represent 66% of the global middle-class population.
  • Shenzhen is considered the Silicon Valley of China hosting top-tier investors, corporations, and start-ups.

With so much growth opportunity, now is the right time to begin preparing for China. Readwrite’s Innovation Roadtrip can provide you a guiding light along the way. This trip is designed for you to do business in China with those looking to make partnerships with companies globally, pitch to local Chinese investors with capital to deploy and meet with manufacturers prepared to take you to scale.
Here’s a quick spotlight on a few of our partners you’ll meet in an intimate setting:
  • Tencent: the largest gaming company in the world, largest social media/communications company in China, and one of the largest Internet companies in the world with $400B USD market cap. Their venture group, Tencent Holdings has made over 180 investments in global tech start-ups, of which more than 20 are global unicorns (i.e. Mobike, Essential, Didi, Supercell, iCarbonX).
  • DJI: the world’s largest drone company, owning more than 90% of the drones market and currently valued at $10 billion USD. DJI is looked to as one of the most creative entities in the world, with an R&D department of 1,500 bodies.
  • Global Sources: the largest sourcing company and platform globally with over 1 million international buyers, including the top 100 retailers worldwide. Global Sources is also the creators of Startup LaunchPad, the largest hardware trade show with an attendance of more than 60,000 suppliers, startups, manufacturers, and buyers.
ReadWrite Labs’ Innovation Road Trip is the only trip to China you’ll need if you want to be successful in China.
Check out more information about our October 2017 trip.

Hope you can join us,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It didn't hook me, but the reference to unicorns is interesting. They now believe that the unicorn is a man made creation that was used to assist in the capture of wild horses.

Which gives me an idea for a political site. :)

•••
Ok. Waited couple of hours. And the take away here is

"Greater Bay"

As a EMD geo domain you could do worse. Too late to register GreaterBay.com though.

•••
honestly, I think most domainers would recognize the email as spam and delete it without reading

•••
I would book the trip promptly after learning how to speak Chinese fluently! :xf.wink:

•••
TheGreaterBay.com
GreaterBay360.com
GreaterBayChina.com

Taken domains (not mine)

GreaterBay.com
GreaterBay.cn

and there are other extensions! happy hunting! good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back