IT.COM

advice Got a Offer on my 7 letter .com domain but need advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gisella7

Established Member
Impact
I listed a domain on a domain seller site that I think was too low for the opening bid. original offer was above minimun at 5,000 upon which I then countered 15,000 Buyer came back just after my counter offer time expired with a $10,000 bid. I receved a letter from the domain sites head international broker if i would like them to broker the deal through them? I immediately wrote back interested and now they havent gotten back to me in over five days ? I wrote them another email asking for them to get back ASAP This is my first time doing this I'm a little lost!
do I call this broker in Europe on Monday if he doesnt answer my emails? Or do i counter before the buyers 10,0000
bid times out? or wait? how does this stuff work? Any pro advice most Appreciated?? thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Make sure this isn't the domain appraisal scam.

•••
i dont think so but i paid for the prior appraisal from this site and it was very low thats why I didnt put the opening bid very high- i dont know if i'm supposed to give out the domain name cause its currently being negotiated?

Last edited:
•••
sorry, you did an appraisal from the site they recommended?

•••
sorry, you did an appraisal from the site they recommended?
yes i got a paid appraisal at the site I had it listed on. But it was very low compared to my initial bidder!

Last edited:
•••
what site did you have it listed for

•••
OP how long ago did you paid for the appraisal? Does the offer you received have anything to do with the appraisal itself?

•••
no i think the offer and the appraisal were on the same day about the same time I believe! but the offer came first actually It was on Sedo but they wont get back to me so i'm flying solo on this one!!!!!!!! Can i go higher on my next counter then the 15,000 or am i locked in between 10-15.000 respectively?

Last edited:
•••
I think you need accept the 10,000

•••
•••
can I also try to call the broker on monday? I think I have till tuesday to get back to the buyer officially!

•••
so the offer was done through SEDO

•••
10,000 for you is a good price for the domain that you go to sell ?
remember that if not is a good domain and you lost this buyer , you can await others 3-4 years for find a similiar offer on this domain.

•••
Last edited:
•••
did you get the offer via email, did they ask you to do an appraisal at a site they recommended?

•••
no the offer from the buyer was directly made on the listing ,,, and the appraisal was my idea which i asked them to do. i think italsat could be right!

Last edited:
•••
can't give any further advice without knowing the name, GL

•••
Well thanks for all your help, I - probably will try to reach the broker and will get back to all of you later to tell you what happens. Wish me luck I researched this domain and know what it could possibly be valued at but I would have to talk to the broker to get some kind of affirmation on that before I counter. You guys and gals are the BEST thanks for your input!

Last edited:
•••
no , if you make a counteroffer , you can loose the 10,000 if the buyer not send back a offer.

Now you can accept the 10,000 and is secure money , if you make a counter offer , can have 3 solutions:

1) the buyer accept your offer ( you earn )
2) the buyer send you a counter offer that can be 10,000 or + or - ( You earn or No ??? )
3) the buyer have change idea , have find another solution and not make any . ( You Lose 10,000)

•••
no , if you make a counteroffer , you can loose the 10,000 if the buyer not send back a offer.

Now you can accept the 10,000 and is secure money , if you make a counter offer , can have 3 solutions:

1) the buyer accept your offer ( you earn )
2) the buyer send you a counter offer that can be 10,000 or + or - ( You earn or No ??? )
3) the buyer have change idea , have find another solution and not make any . ( You Lose 10,000)
thanks will keep that in mind.

•••
why not accept the offer at 10k at sedo and send it to auction at the same time, so you are sure as many eyes are on it as possiblbe,usually sedo also includes it in there greatdomains auction at that price,
joe T

•••
why not accept the offer at 10k at sedo and send it to auction at the same time, so you are sure as many eyes are on it as possiblbe,usually sedo also includes it in there greatdomains auction at that price,
joe T
Thanks fatter thats another great idea!

•••
joe T

Agreed ! , plus if you are happy with 10k then just take it and do not try to be greedy as you could loose the sale and maybe never get another offer jmo :) anyway good luck with the sale

•••
I'm speculating. But I would say the broker/owner of the website saw there was movement on this sale and jumped in to be involved with this sale. Are the commissions you would pay to the website the same and only commissions you would pay to the broker? It all sound's a bit strange to me. What is the website where you are selling this domain? Putting it up for auction at Sedo, if that's where the offer came from (which also seems strange. You are going to pay Sedo's commission as well?), is a good idea. But you can find the original buyer quite often disappears. Sale lost. We of course could give you better advice if we knew where the domain is for sale, and the name of the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back