IT.COM

advice Got a Offer on my 7 letter .com domain but need advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gisella7

Established Member
Impact
I listed a domain on a domain seller site that I think was too low for the opening bid. original offer was above minimun at 5,000 upon which I then countered 15,000 Buyer came back just after my counter offer time expired with a $10,000 bid. I receved a letter from the domain sites head international broker if i would like them to broker the deal through them? I immediately wrote back interested and now they havent gotten back to me in over five days ? I wrote them another email asking for them to get back ASAP This is my first time doing this I'm a little lost!
do I call this broker in Europe on Monday if he doesnt answer my emails? Or do i counter before the buyers 10,0000
bid times out? or wait? how does this stuff work? Any pro advice most Appreciated?? thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!!!!!! sorry!

•••
So your new to this and receive a $10,000 offer and turn it down?

I have heard it all now.

BTW - never pay for an appraisal, common scam.

•••
I wonder how much you paid for that domain. @Gisella7

•••
Op says the offer is through Sedo? So the broker must be a Sedo broker? Your title says Got Offer On My 7 Letter Com, yet your other post in the appraisal section says this..

"today i got a low appraisal through sedo on a domain for sale that already has a current bid for triple the appraisal amount given ? is that typical for sedo to do that on a paid appraisal of 99.00- i;m new and just getting started in domaining with 50 domains in my portfolio! i feel the domain is worth thousands above the asking price already and feel locked in now as i countered with a low number? any advice here?"

ps once i countered does that mean i'm committed to that price? This was a 8 character ,com domain Anybody want to add me to their friends list please do. As I feel lost in a sea of experts here:}"

Not sure what's going on but I sure would like to hear how this turned out. :)

•••
If you asked for $15,00 it's fair to say you can't go above that and you have a solid offer at $10k. Why on earth would you bring a broker in to negotiate somewhere between $10k-$15k. By the time you've paid their fee and assuming they don't push too hard and scare the buyer off, your no better off!

Oh, and how and why did the broker suddenly show up?

This feels like the appraisal scam but the whole sedo thing is throwing me a little. Also interested to hear what was really going on here.

•••
If the offer was through SEDO, and at 10K, then that must go on some "alert" page to SEDO Management/Brokers. This is based on my personal experience at SEDO where I received $10K offers through SEDO, and then within a day or two a SEDO Broker (Dave E.) would contact me to broker the name for me.

Did you pay SEDO to do the Appraisal, or use SEDO's Free Appraisal Tool? Or some other Appraisal Service?

•••
so can we know the domain name now?

•••
OK. I've read this thread again. As I read it now. You paid for the appraisal at Sedo. You placed your Make Offer Sale on Sedo. You rcvd a offer on Sedo, and the Broker is from Sedo. Which makes things a lot clearer for me, at least. As you have explained it, I thought there were a multitude of different players here.

I actually agree with @italsat. I would have accepted the $10k offer, taken the money and felt extremely satisfied with myself. Even more so as a noob. I wouldn't be haggling over the last few dollars. I'd complete the sale by accepting the offer. But that's my nature. Maybe not the same as yours. You are at risk of losing this sale, since nothing has been agreed.

What is the current state of play with this sale? Since you had to respond by Tuesday, and the buyers bid has now lapsed. What is your domain broker saying to you now?

Price is such a flexible thing, for any 7L.com. It all depends on the name and the buyer. without knowing the domain. We are all blowing in the dark.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I'm curious to see how this turned out too!

•••
You bought the appraisal so the transaction is over.
Sorry that was the actual deal for you to buy an appraisal.
There was never an offer.

•••
•••
@Gisella7 - Hey there! You have a bunch of kind people who have shared good advice with you here in the thread, would you be so kind as to update? If you are still not sure the state of your deal, you can PM the name to trusted members - my vote is @Haris100 @Silentptnr and @stub since they have participated here and can guide you.

Without the name, everything is speculation, when you PM the actual name you can get real answers without it being public : smile :

•••
I listed a domain on a domain seller site that I think was too low for the opening bid. original offer was above minimun at 5,000 upon which I then countered 15,000 Buyer came back just after my counter offer time expired with a $10,000 bid. I receved a letter from the domain sites head international broker if i would like them to broker the deal through them? I immediately wrote back interested and now they havent gotten back to me in over five days ? I wrote them another email asking for them to get back ASAP This is my first time doing this I'm a little lost!
do I call this broker in Europe on Monday if he doesnt answer my emails? Or do i counter before the buyers 10,0000
bid times out? or wait? how does this stuff work? Any pro advice most Appreciated?? thanks

Is this english ❓
I don,t understand anything

•••
If @Gisella7 has let the $10k offer lapse, she has zilch. This quite often happens when you are greedy. IMHO.

•••
Im interested as to what happened with the offer as its been an extra 4 days since his opening post now

•••
I hope @Gisella7 didn't lose the deal and is upset or embarrassed to update the thread. There is always a next time if you have a decent/valuable domain. Good luck to you!

•••
no the offer from the buyer was directly made on the listing ,,, and the appraisal was my idea which i asked them to do. i think italsat could be right!

If you ask me to pay for the appraisal, I would never deal with you as you are most likely a scammer!

No domain, No information, You ask the buyer to pay for appraisal..

All of this nonsense story smells BS

•••
i just want to know what the name is, wish the OP would post an update

•••
First of all it will be difficult to comment without knowing the domain name, second, was the broker the one who asked you to do the appraisal ? Did they ask you to appraise in there service ? Need to be careful, as there are many scams asking domain owner to appraise in certain site, and after they received the money, they disapear.

•••
yes i got a paid appraisal at the site I had it listed on. But it was very low compared to my initial bidder!
was the marketplace sedo?

•••
•••
if you got an appraisal at sedo
thats at least no scam

if the first offer you recieved on sedo was 10k
the domain may be worth at least 100K

offers on sedo are no fake ( most of the time )
but binding contracts in legal aspect

if you put it on auction
you have lost already
as you can't negotiate no more
and most likely no other bidder will give you more within the 7 days time range

best option is to call the people at sedo
and talk to them, if they can tell you more about the bidder

if you want a phone number send me a PM

•••
@Gisella7 - You don't need to worry about coming back here and telling us how this is going. Most of us here are only trying to help. I at least (think) I understand what you have described. It wasn't the clearest of explanations. But that's ok. I sometimes have the same problem. And my native language is English. You obviously posted here for help and advice. The natural trade-off for that is to at least let us know how this all turned out. Without keeping us informed will mean you are less likely to get so many replies next time you ask for help. We'll just think (or say). "Why should we waste our time helping somebody who is uncommunicative". YMMV.

•••
•••
Op hasn't posted anything since last Sunday....but was last seen this morning. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back