.tv Google: We Treat .tv as a gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Good news!

Best,
A

Google: We Treat .tv as a gTLD
Posted by Michaela B., VeriSign

I was recently asked whether Google Search treats .tv as a ccTLD or a gTLDs; so I thought I’d answer that here on the blog also. Don’t take my word for it, according to Google’s own site, they treat it as a gTLD. Says John Mueller, Google Webmaster, “Yes, we treat .tv as a gTLD.”

Source: http://blog.watch.tv/2010/10/google-tv-gtld/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Exactly, you hit the nail on the head, Snoop is not a credible source for information or insight. He has been on this forum spreading salt on peoples threads for years with only one transaction. He literally swoops in with his " all knowing point of view" that he presents as fact. I put you on ignore because you literally present your OPINION as if it is fact when it is not. You ultimately start to attack people when you cannot convert people to your point of view. It was irritating and I do not log in to see you attack others opinions because they do not agree with your OPINION.

From my point of view Snoop's information and point of view on many TLD's is laughable at best. The only thing he has ever said that I agree with is that too many people hype up extentions (.tv included) needlessly and it spurs inexperienced buyers to invest wihtout knowing the facts. It can lead to people being in debt.

Snoop has alot of knowledge and its ashame that he uses it in a way that does not help anyone or even add to the forum, shame on you.

Talk about flip flopping,

In once sentence I'm not a credible source of information, three paragraphs down you are saying I have a lot of knowledge.

You say you took me off ignore because you "enjoy" my "silly arguments" than you say my arguments "irritate" you?

My suggestion is to come back with a consistent statement.

•••
Talk about flip flopping,

In once sentence I'm not a credible source of information, three paragraphs down you are saying I have a lot of knowledge.

You say you took me off ignore because you "enjoy" my "silly arguments" than you say my arguments "irritate" you?

My suggestion is to come back with a consistent statement.

I finally got over it as I realized that you were full of it :) So I let you back in to my NP day. Just because you have experience and knowledge does not mean that you will use it for positive purposes. You are an experienced domainer who should be saying things to help. You could be molding the inexperienced domainers in a positve way while still expressing your views, instead you insist on using silly tactics like an angry spouse in order to get your point across. There are so many other effective ways to make others see and respect your point of view.

Last edited:
•••
You mean all those .tv sites don't get treated as though they are about Tuvalu? huge news! :-/

Break out the raspberry cordial and the credit cards.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Taxi! Looks like one person has already had too much.

Hey, Snoop...

Izzat really you? You actually sound as if you gotta sense of humor, sarcastic though it may be. Thanks, mate, I appreciate that. It's better than the chicken-little spiel that you usually spew. Yeah, a little comic relief is just fine.

By the way, stay right where you are in the 20th century, OK?...they need you there!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back