Domain Empire

Google typo keyword / ctr raising suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just recently purchased a google typo but getting people to click seems very hard. has anyone had experience with certain layouts / keywords that worked better than others? just looking for suggestions! Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually with typos like that you'll be doing great if you get above 5% ctr.

•••
I 100% agree with cfguru

I have a couple similar typos and am lucky to even break 3% CTR. The problem is, people know what they are looking for. If someone misspells myspace, they likely dont care what comes up and will X it out and retype it. Same with google, facebook, yahoo, etc.

•••
I have a youtube typo that gets 500+ unique visitors per day that makes me only $2-3 per day if I'm lucky. It doesn't cross 3% CTR.

So far today I have a 1.69% CTR for it. The thing is, a typo such as wwwgoogle.com will have a higher CTR than a typo such as googke.com. It is all about the "type" of typo it is. Typos that we have that never get higher than 5% CTR are the worst of the bunch.

But if you have a typo of YouTube.com, that is UTube.com, then you may have 50% CTR instead. Do you understand what I am saying?

Therefore, it is best if you find a CPM solution instead of CPC. For instance, I've heard that there are CPM programs that pay $10 for 1000 impressions or so. I know there is definetely a CPM program that pays $7 per 1000 impressions, and that alone would do better than parking my domain with a CPC sponsor such as Sedopro.

•••
ahh ok, thanks for the help / words of wisdom

•••
Who's offering $7 CPM, Matt?

vrc

•••
just out of interest, would a company like google be entitled to a typo like "googel"

•••
vrcanada said:
Who's offering $7 CPM, Matt?

vrc

I have read several amounts of times somewhere on a forum that there was a PPC company that offered your regular PPC and then on top of that also gave $7 CPM. Either that, or you were able to choose between PPC and CPM. I know it was somebody like TrafficZ or something. I completely forgot, but I clearly remember reading it several times.

kev said:
just out of interest, would a company like google be entitled to a typo like "googel"

Depends what you have on the web page. But, in most case scenarios, yes.

•••
cfguru360 said:
I have a youtube typo that gets 500+ unique visitors per day that makes me only $2-3 per day if I'm lucky. It doesn't cross 3% CTR.

So far today I have a 1.69% CTR for it. The thing is, a typo such as wwwgoogle.com will have a higher CTR than a typo such as googke.com. It is all about the "type" of typo it is. Typos that we have that never get higher than 5% CTR are the worst of the bunch.

But if you have a typo of YouTube.com, that is UTube.com, then you may have 50% CTR instead. Do you understand what I am saying?

Therefore, it is best if you find a CPM solution instead of CPC. For instance, I've heard that there are CPM programs that pay $10 for 1000 impressions or so. I know there is definetely a CPM program that pays $7 per 1000 impressions, and that alone would do better than parking my domain with a CPC sponsor such as Sedopro.

Nice and insightful post ... thanks ... how good

are wwwdomain.com types of typos in general ?

Are you able to calculate a minimum %age of total typins

before buying the domain or do you do domain tasting ?

:)

•••
wwwdomain.com typos are better in general than typos such as googke.com in terms of CTR.

First off, the CTR in general is determined by the type of visitors viewing the site. I know typos such as googke.com, were for sale once before and I remember them having very low CTR 1%-5%. Same thing with my youtube typo, I have avg 3% CTR. But typos that I own of credit card companies and banks that appeal to older people get a 20-35% CTR.

Now I looked at 2 domains of my buddy's. I'm not going to say what they are but the wwwdomain.com version has 40% CTR, while the other one, which looks such as "domian" (notice the typo of the "i" and the "a") gets a 30% CTR. Same advertisements, same types of visitors.

Also, another thing I noticed. If you have what I call, a "illiterate" typo, such as krysler.com or yawho.com, you will usually have an above avg ctr. Why? Because the people that are visiting these types of typos aren't smart enough to spell out the domain correctly, therefore they aren't smart enough to avoid the advertisements. And I have a few domains that prove this.

Overall point is to know what type of visitors you have. Teens? Adults? Women? Men? Women usually get the highest CTR, while teens, gamers, developers, or even domainers like us have the lowest.

I am able to calculate an approx, I always calculate at a minimum. I never try out the domain, most sellers don't even agree to it. But if you can test the domain for a few days then that only works to your advantage! :)

Last edited:
•••
What parking services offer high CPM rates?

Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back