IT.COM

domains Google leaves blogspot.in to expire, now available for $5,999

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandizer

Established Member
Impact
Google's Blogspot.IN domain expires and gets registered by another company
Google’s blog platform is undergoing some issues in India this week. Somehow, Google unfortunately let the “blogspot.in” domain expire , breaking millions of sites and potentially putting them at further risk.

Spotted by The Next Web and BleepingComputer, Google apparently let the blogspot.in domain expire in early June. it’s now owned by domainming.com and is available for purchase by anyone with $5,999 to spare.

Google hasn’t let the blogspot.com domain lapse, which is where all these blogs are still visible. However, the blogspot.in sites won’t automatically redirect there. Google previously set up the .in and other domain variations for different regions where Blogger sites were created. Having localized domain names allowed faster take-down requests for content hosted on the platform.

As it stands right now, the lapse in domain ownership has caused over 4 million Blogger-hosted websites to become broken in Google search and other areas where they were linked. BleepingComputer requested information from Google on this in early June, but never received a response for the company.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google's Blogspot.IN domain expires and gets registered by another company
Google’s blog platform is undergoing some issues in India this week. Somehow, Google unfortunately let the “blogspot.in” domain expire , breaking millions of sites and potentially putting them at further risk.

Spotted by The Next Web and BleepingComputer, Google apparently let the blogspot.in domain expire in early June. it’s now owned by domainming.com and is available for purchase by anyone with $5,999 to spare.

Google hasn’t let the blogspot.com domain lapse, which is where all these blogs are still visible. However, the blogspot.in sites won’t automatically redirect there. Google previously set up the .in and other domain variations for different regions where Blogger sites were created. Having localized domain names allowed faster take-down requests for content hosted on the platform.

As it stands right now, the lapse in domain ownership has caused over 4 million Blogger-hosted websites to become broken in Google search and other areas where they were linked. BleepingComputer requested information from Google on this in early June, but never received a response for the company.

No longer listed at Sedo.

•••
I offered him $7999 for it in a private-offer on a marketplace, but he didn't sell. Its a really good domain with huge number of quality backlinks.

Last edited:
•••
I offered him $7999 for it in a private-offer on a marketplace, but he didn't sell. Its a really good domain with huge number of quality backlinks.

No backlinks in the world can make up for .in

But credit to you; $7999 money talks. ; )

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
.com
plus i dont place priority backlinks my valuation

That's good. I'm happy for domainers to leave .in alone.

•••
No backlinks in the world can make up for .in

But credit to you; $7999 money talks. ; )
You are wrong I see alot of dot IN selling for $xxxx

•••
Hop.in sold for 50k in May at Sedo

•••
•••
Can you name a few .IN names that sold for $xxxx?
Thank you.
Most of this names can be found on Daaz dot com it's a huge marketplace for dot IN

•••
Can you name a few .IN names that sold for $xxxx?
Thank you.

I have sold more than a dozen .in names for $xxxxx (not just xxxx)
But most are under NDA
Only one is listed at namebio - finder

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back