Dynadot

Google in talks to buy YouTube

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
labrocca said:
Youtube was bound to get bought. I also think Google is smart in the purchase because AOL, Yahoo, or MSN can at any time come in and sweep the place up. Between the deals with Myspace for it's ads and now the purchase of youtube (which will happen) Google is positioning itself to stay ahead of the curve.

youtube is more popular than google video
i believe that the 2 aren't related
:imho:

•••
the important thing is what will this venture (if it happens) be called?
i take it google will have allready secured their domain name, just incase.
:alien:

•••
GoDesign said:
the important thing is what will this venture (if it happens) be called?
i take it google will have allready secured their domain name, just incase.
:alien:
They may still keep the YouTube name, but add something like "part of Google" on the footer somewhere or something...

•••
They would be stupid to change the name - after all, thousands (or millions even) of links point to youtube.com

•••
When you calculate the visitors and offer price it comes to about $32 per user.

•••
I wasnt refering to youtube having a name change, i meant the corporate branding of the two.unless they're going to refer to it as googleyoutube, but i'd have thought they'd have an abbriviation, for easier branding.
all speculation ofcourse, anyway.

•••
I hope Google don't get to buy it, they have too much already, including their video service, let YouTube be.. It's fine as it is..

•••
Mikor said:
They would be stupid to change the name - after all, thousands (or millions even) of links point to youtube.com

And what...you think Google would be worried about PageRank or SERP results for the site? Think about that one for a minute.

•••
Google didn't change the URL of Blogger so I don't think they will with YouTube..

•••
Lately everyone whos heard of this has either been shocked by the price, or they are worried about the copyrighted material.
You can only expect the price, and I think that YouTube has a pretty sold system of working with copyright issues if it hasnt been ruined by this obvious factor yet.
It makes you wonder if one day we will have laws on Internet Monopolies if companies like Google just keep snatching up everything that may lie in its path.

•••
It's official now:

Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) announced today that it has agreed to acquire YouTube, the consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos through a Web experience, for $1.65 billion in a stock-for-stock transaction.
http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/google_youtube.html

•••
Another one picked up by Google. Whos next ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back