IT.COM

utube.com v youtube.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, what a story. First, google has youtube, ahead of utube when searching the keyword. Amazing. I hate to say this, but I would love for Universal to challenge the youtube name claiming dillution and causing irreparable harm. That would be interesting... 68 million hits...

•••
Maybe time to switch the business model and capitalize on the traffic instead of complaining? ;)

•••
PolurNET said:
Maybe time to switch the business model and capitalize on the traffic instead of complaining? ;)
I"m with you. Is their current business really worth more than hundreds of thousands of type-ins a day?

•••
He said he's had no way of contacting Google (down $0.44 to $426.06, Charts), which recently agreed to buy the video streaming site for $1.65 billion.

Ugh...you contact MS legal department. This guy is an idiot. He is sitting on a gold mine and he is worried about MACHINERY sales! HEH! He could park that sucker and make more money. Heck...I am pretty sure MS would be willing to negotiate for a 7 figure sum of this domain (at least that's my opinion).

•••
labrocca said:
Ugh...you contact MS legal department. This guy is an idiot. He is sitting on a gold mine and he is worried about MACHINERY sales! HEH! He could park that sucker and make more money. Heck...I am pretty sure MS would be willing to negotiate for a 7 figure sum of this domain (at least that's my opinion).

Def. agree with you. Just park it and collect money. Or evan better offer to sell it, Im sure it would get a good amount of interest.

•••
utube.com domain is now up for sale - hoping for $4 million - ish.

Apparently $1 million has already been turned down. Who's to know if this is BS.

•••
Well the site is dead and like he said...he can't host it anywhere without paying thousands for bandwidth and servers. This could be a top 5 typo on the web for traffic. Seems the company has some money and $1 million may not be worth it to them. They may have to rebrand a multi-million dollar company. I would ask for $1 million CASH and $5 million in stock.

•••
Well, bad and good in a way, I hope he finds a way to get some good out of it.

•••
wow 68 milion extra page views ;) It is like ddos attack
he should put some ppc banner on his site hehe

•••
labrocca said:

You actually think he is complaining? It is obviously a public stunt. Prior to this CNN news article, he was offered $1 million for this domain but he wants $2-$3million. Google ignored the counter offer and now he is coming up with the complaining part.

I remember visiting Utube.com myself the first time I had heard from someone. But from next time on I knew it was YouTube.com and not UTube.com. Never typed Utube.com again. So this is a different type of a typo - not the usual typo where would hit some letter in a hurry or misspell. Although parking it would get it great reveunue.. it would gradually decrease in the long term.

•••
•••
:hehe: They shouldn't be sad at all i bet that domain name will bring them so much money that they wouldn't do even in 10 years with their business :lol:

•••
I wouldn't be complaining if I was this guy... contacted google or youtube to "host his site"... are you kidding me?

•••
I noticed the "big mover" on Alexa last week too.

MAN, lucky guy.

He's sitting on a gold mine and something like this NEVER happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back