IT.COM

news Google has bought ABC.BIZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

theSun

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The domain ABC.BIZ is now with google registration information, and the .Biz domain is now with MarkMonitor.

Google likes .Biz

This is GREAT NEWS for all .Biz domain owners.

Whois:

abc.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Must be for their Alphabet thing... Thanks for sharing.

•••
So, they might save up and eventually buy abc.org, abc.net. And if business does go really well, they can make an offer for abc.com

•••
So, they might save up and eventually buy abc.org, abc.net. And if business does go really well, they can make an offer for abc.com

They can't get abc.com IMO :)

•••
This is GREAT NEWS for all .Biz domain owners.

I'm not sure why this would have any effect on unrelated .biz domains. Google owns 13,000 ++ domains. This is just one more in the pile

•••
I'm not sure why this would have any effect on unrelated .biz domains. Google owns 13,000 ++ domains. This is just one more in the pile

Google owns abc.xyz, so what happen to the TLD .xyz? Explosive upward rise. Can you please show some wisdom and says something logical?

•••
Yeah, its just brand protection, the same as they own Google.biz or GoogleDrive.biz

Google own a lot of names and there are a lot of .biz names in there too, they just register them to protect their brand like most big companies do

It wont have any affect on .biz names for the average domainer

•••
As a domain that registration ranking 5th in the world, It's time for .biz to rise., my numerical .biz is too impatient to wait.:rolleyes:

•••
Google owns abc.xyz, so what happen to the TLD .xyz? Explosive upward rise. Can you please show some wisdom and says something logical?

Google does not own abc.xyz, "Alphabet" is the umbrella company who own "abc.xyz" and own "Google", among other things.

The umbrella company "Alphabet" using the xyz makes sense as abc.xyz is ideal for a company called "Alphabet". But Google as the search engine and giant everyone knows also owns google.xyz, but goes nowhere, and google.biz redirects to their normal ccTLD (co.uk for me).

The only way Google (or any giant website) would noticeably affect a TLD would be to actually use it so the general public see it regularly and in their masses, such as Google searches started going though "google.xyz" or "google.biz".
However there is no relation between xyz/biz and Google and so has no real bearing on their liking of the extension or anyone else's use or purchase of it IMO, as no-one sees it.

Don't get me wrong, xyz are on the up and people are using them, and I think will eventually become quite popular, as is biz, but "Alphabet" buying them has no bearing on that IMO.

There's a tiny possibility of sales prices increasing slightly to other domainers, and a tiny potential for end users/businesses to think "If it's good enough for Google..". But that will be insignificant in the grand scheme of things as hardly anyone will even know of Alphabet and the fact it owns Google and that they own an xyz or biz, especially as they're unused.

•••
Google does not own abc.xyz, "Alphabet" is the umbrella company who own "abc.xyz" and own "Google", among other things.

Google do own the domain abc.xyz.....check the domain WHOIS

At the end of the day, it is one large company and for business reasons (and probably tax reasons too ;)) they brand different parts of the business with different names

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps I should be the most pedantic of all here and point out that registrants don't *own* domain names rather they just lease them. If they owned them then they wouldn't expire. Anyway WHOIS does detail Google Inc as the actual registrant. http://whois.domaintools.com/abc.xyz :)

•••
And since last month Google is a subsidiary of Alphabet ;)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_Inc.

Google is a company in itself and so the whois will remain as Google inc, but it's still a subsidiary of Alphabet.

Wiki said:
Alphabet's largest subsidiary is Google Inc., but Alphabet is also the parent company to Calico, Google Ventures, Google Capital, Google X, Google Fiber, and Nest Labs. While many companies or divisions formerly a part of Google became subsidiaries of Alphabet, Google remains the umbrella company for Alphabet's Internet-related businesses.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, Google owns abc.xyz, same as Google owns abc.biz

Biologically, it is the chicken that borns before the egg.

But in this case, it is the egg that borns the chicken.

Google creates Alphabet. Google creates its parent. The egg creates and owns the chicken. Google owns abc.xyz. Google owns abc.biz.

.Biz will fly.

Period.

End.

Last edited:
•••
•••

EXACTLY

•••
And who owns Alphabet?
No-one "owns" a corporation, they're run by CEO/chairman and the board.

You must understand this is all Google, Google is Alphabet

Alphabet Inc. - is an American multinational conglomerate created in 2015 as the parent company of Google and several other companies previously owned by or tied to Google.

•••
•••
Much needed Boost for .BIZ
Great News

•••

Yes, the CEO, which is the boss or founder, cmon, dont try get technical on this, you know what people mean when they say who owns this domain or who owns this company

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/new-company-called-alphabet-owns-google/

Page will serve as CEO of Alphabet, while Google co-founder Sergey Brin will serve as president. Longtime Page lieutenant Sundar Pichai will take over as Google CEO

•••
that is not even a chinese premium. what you are doing google. ;)

•••
Perception is reality. Should this boost .biz sales? No.

But it will, anyway. Again, perception is reality. Big G buying that domain name and it getting shared everywhere is giving added validity to the extension. It'll be seen by many as a vote of confidence from big G.

•••
looks like they also own abc.club

•••

Alphabet Inc. - is an American multinational conglomerate created in 2015 as the parent company of Google and several other companies previously owned by or tied to Google.

Of course people own corporations, when a company goes public every shareholder owns the company, some own a larger percentage. Private companies, Mike Berkens owns Worldwide Media Inc. He doesn't just run it he owns the company.

•••
Not mine, but just saw the ad on namebio ... someone should point them to the abc.net auction on flippa.
Or don't and just try to buy it so when Goog is ready, they can buy it from you instead...

https://flippa.com/3016097-abc-net-need-i-say-more

•••

I guess I'm just not as wise and logical as you. Thanks for educating me, I must have missed all that explosiveness in the sales reports. I see that they also have google.beer, so, I have some regging to do ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back