NameSilo

Google DomainPark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
B

Banned User

We will begin to venture into the development of a platform using Google's Domain Park program today.

http://www.google.com/domainpark/

Anyone else here already partnered with this google program?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
lol, all mine together dont get 750,000 page views per month.

ive been woundering for a whyle what that page parking is. ive hit a fair few of there domains and gotten that stupid search tinggy.

•••
Ive heard very good things about google domainpark, There was a domain for sale in this forum a while back using domainpark and making over 180,000$ a year from parking there.

•••
Ive heard very good things about google domainpark, There was a domain for sale in this forum a while back using domainpark and making over 180,000$ a year from parking there.

To qualify at the minimum level would require 9,000,000 hits per year.

Assuming that, then $180,000 is equivalant to 2 cents per visitor, which imho is nothing to write home about.

Just my two cents :laugh:

•••
lol i will never qualify

•••
Rikkers said:

Assuming that, then $180,000 is equivalant to 2 cents per visitor, which imho is nothing to write home about.

2 cents per vistor is about 20X the average rate webmasters make. I'd be living like Richie Rich if I could make $20 per thousand visitors. :o

Anyway, DomainPark looks pretty cool for people who park their names. I've found better money in developing traffic sites and using Adsense or other programs.

•••
NH-Benjamin said:
We will begin to venture into the development of a platform using Google's Domain Park program today.

http://www.google.com/domainpark/

Anyone else here already partnered with this google program?
you have enough traffic for this?

•••
Yes.... every domain registered through us initially is parked plus I have my collection of domains parked and again we register a large amount every month and so do customers.

Sedo uses the DomainPark program I belive.

I also would note that the payouts are far better than adsense according to the media kit I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Yes, sedo does use it.

I have a parking system that does real time 'bidding' by using async IO to get multifeeds and geotrageting that it would be interestesting to compare against domainpark rates sometime.

•••
sorry probably a stupid question but - is this google domainpark program for developed, "live" websites or domain names only?

•••
Its for domain parking and google provides you with a base technology and system to implement.

•••
So it for "sites" - if i have a combination of 10 developed sites that bring in 750,000 hits per month what do they give me? Do they supply the same technology as sedo for just parking domain names? how will this help my 10 already hosted live domains?

•••
They provide you with the base technology which your required to develop off and implement on your servers.

Its directed at companies who hold large caches of domain names or register lots of domains monthly.

•••
Rikkers said:

I would write home and everywhere else if I could make $180,000 a year from parking one domain name.

•••
So how many domains does your biz control to get that many page views?

•••
Looks like a good solution for high volume registrars and/or resellers.

•••
Would have done it to, If I had the traffic.
Need to start up Parkingsense.com :D

•••
billinchina said:
So how many domains does your biz control to get that many page views?
Lets just say on average our customers do 200 registrations a month not counting sub resellers and domains we register ourselves.

But our plan with the tool will not to use it a profit tool for us but instead all funds generated by customers domains will be credited to their account so in a possible sense of reality they could register domains of the money their existing domains generate.... a unique idea I am fostering.

•••
What do you guys think of this idea? crediting all parking revenue to customers accounts so they can in return register domains with funds earned from revenue generated by their parked domains.

•••
NH-Benjamin said:
What do you guys think of this idea? crediting all parking revenue to customers accounts so they can in return register domains with funds earned from revenue generated by their parked domains.

good marketing strategy for the long run! i will definetely "park" at a place that offers such deals!

•••
awesome idea, that and free infos would make me a fulltime customer

•••
-RJ- said:
2 cents per vistor is about 20X the average rate webmasters make. I'd be living like Richie Rich if I could make $20 per thousand visitors. :o

I don't think 2 cents per visitor is that great for parked domains. Traffic with any sort of commercial value should be able to generate that kind of return easily at any of the established parking venues.

If sedo (using the google program & taking a 25% cut), can pay 3+cents then I would expect anyone dealing directly with google to earn more.

•••
You do get far more.... I am not at liberty to discuss any specifics but I can freely acknowledge you get paid well and they guarantee better success then adsense.

The ideas is to pay our customers for the traffic revenue they produce and thus if they generate enough traffic they could easily get free domain regs from the revenue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back