Dynadot

Google AdSense Profits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Mods & Mems,

In a previous post I stated the best source for information on how to
optimize your pages for Google Adsense was in fact Google.

And that despite all claims to the contrary, it serves Google’s best interest
when your sites do well, and towards this end they have provided us with
vast resources of tutorials and user help pages all readily available and
conveniently located. Just a mouse click away.

Knowing this, it means the only thing between us and a successful Adsense
campaign is our willingness to put forth a sincere effort.
See, bottom line, it is not as simple as putting up a minisite template and then
throwing in the Adsense code, optimization really is an art form,
combining the ads and the content to appeal to each sites specific traffic
base. Where as a formula that works on a needlepoint and sewing site may
not produce the same results on a tech site.

Now, what has been proven time and again by so many others is Google works.
Site owners that have followed the rules and have paid attention are earning

:$: :wave: :$: :wave: :$: HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY :$: :wave: :$: :wave: :$:

without having to cheat or trick the system! What this suggests is
we will only get out of our sites what we put into them, and we need to
study the information provided by both Google and other users who share real
time tips and strategy through blogs and discussion groups.

Members, supper is in the kitchen, all the ingredients for a beautiful meal just
waiting for us to get up off the couch and put forth the effort to prepare it
properly.
Or... we can go to the freezer, grab that microwave dinner and set
the timer. This is real life, and in real life our rewards are received in direct
proportion to the results of our efforts, they are earned.

So the next time we see a thread complaining about how Google rips people
off, or closes accounts for no reason, or even that Adsense just doesn't
work... ask the poster to link us to the site or sites in question and lets take
a good look at how much effort was applied and the quality of the content
provided before we jump on the wagon and start the whine fest.

So no more excuses from me, I have decided to learn what the difference is
between a winning Adsense campaign and what I have been doing up until now.

Here are some quick links I think will help us all find what we need to know
to get the job done!

AdSense Help Center Home
A look inside Google AdSense
AdSense Help Discussion Group
Adsense Basics

All this and more can be found within Google Adsense, so no more excuses!

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
neobodhi said:
I think I've read on another post that you have quite a few domain names

I think that is the problem. I am not able to pay attention to them. And am just running towards newer projects. Every site also has atleast PR 4. And on some sites where there are the maximum hits I have not placed adsense.

•••
I totally understand that. I've let sites go to the wayside because I have some new project in mind. Now I realize I need to see each one through, make sure I seomize the site to the best of my ability, experiment with adsense to get the best ctr and so on.

If I was to continue on the other way I would end up with lots of sites that don't really pay off. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket either. My personal goal is to have 20-30 sites that pay well. But not only using adsense, using affiliate programs and the like. That way if something falls through (like getting banned from adsense) I still have income coming in from my other sites.

Seems like a good plan to me, what do you think? (are we hijacking this thred :hehe: )

•••
lol, everyone keeps talking about optimization. That's not really that complicated; I have a site called freedrivingdirection.com that has the keywords free+maps and free+directions with super relavent ad's. It still produces .031% CTR, I'm starting to wonder if luck has something to do with it. Would you go to this site looking for MP3's?
am i missing something here?It has a OVT of 897986 "driving direction" , so i guess their looking for direction. Could close to a million people be looking for some other sort of direction.

•••
I want to thank all the members in this thread for Great Questions and great responses. NameClerk, Antman, ablaye, Dotnom, thanks for lending your opinions and knowledge to the thread. Lets keep it moving forward, as I believe this helping many newer members better understand how this works, and I have been reminded of a few things myself that I had overlooked.

Now for some specifics.

commandercody said:
lol, everyone keeps talking about optimization. That's not really that complicated; I have a site called freedrivingdirection.com that has the keywords free+maps and free+directions with super relavent ad's. It still produces .031% CTR, I'm starting to wonder if luck has something to do with it. Would you go to this site looking for MP3's?
am i missing something here?It has a OVT of 897986 "driving direction" , so i guess their looking for direction. Could close to a million people be looking for some other sort of direction.
CC, when you say it is not that complicated, well.... I'm sorry to say that is where you are wrong.

In your example freedrivingdirection.com, you quote an ovt of 897986. This is somewhat flawed. Ovt doesnt recognize plural and the search term most would enter would be freedrivingdirectionS.com with the top sites shown are the likes of Mapquest, Google maps, Yahoo maps, expedia, etc...
Tough compitition for those KW's.

Your Sedo parking page displays Cheapest travel Insurance, Air Travel, Travel Deals Comparison, SCUBA insurance.... are these revelant ads?

The Topic is Google Adsense Profits, so although your question would be valid in a parking thread, it is Off Topic here. I answered you only because I love that band. :)
Others may not be as fond of CC & his LPA, if you know what I mean.

ablaye said:
My advice is NEVER rely solely on adsense for your income. You can banned from adsense (whether or not you click on your ads) or the adsense program can be discontinued or not make that much money anymore.
You should diversify and sell products, services or ad space directly to the publishers.
As stated by Dotnom, ablaye makes a very valid point here. We can never rely on one source of income. Getting banned from G is always a possibility even if you have not intentionaly broken the TOS.
But when developing a new site or remodeling for OPT, use the guidelines and
tutorials offered by the people that see the results of every page that displays their ads. G knows what works and what doesnt.

Ok, lets hear some success stories here as well.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
In your example freedrivingdirection.com, you quote an ovt of 897986. This is somewhat flawed. Ovt doesnt recognize plural and the search term most would enter would be freedrivingdirectionS.com with the top sites shown are the likes of Mapquest, Google maps, Yahoo maps, expedia, etc...
Tough compitition for those KW's.

Your Sedo parking page displays Cheapest travel Insurance, Air Travel, Travel Deals Comparison, SCUBA insurance.... are these revelant ads?
I understand the plural search term, I never visited the site so aparently I made a mistake, with the keywords somewhere.

I would almost surely count on type-in traffic here. Competition is very tough for search engine rated traffic.

When i found freedrivingdirection, the plural was also available, not brilliant should have regged it too. Lesson to newbs take a moment and think about the plural of a keyword combination too.You could miss on a lot of traffic by not at least spending a moment each time thinking about it.

Either way i'll fix the "Keywords" and send you a rep.

•••
nick_mayhem said:
And I get around 1200 Uniques on my sites daily. [All websites that has Adsense]

But the earning is $3 or $4 in one month. :(
If your site has lots of content (as in too much on one page), Google ads may not stand out enough. Be sure you have the correct publisher code embedded in each of your adsense scripts.

•••
Carlton said:
If your site has lots of content (as in too much on one page), Google ads may not stand out enough. Be sure you have the correct publisher code embedded in each of your adsense scripts.

Great points Carlton, first lets look at the pages and ask, would I find this interesting and would I follow thru and click one of my links? Ask your friends not in this business for their opinions and suggestions.

And for sure check that you have added the correct code to the pages.
You can even ask Google to check that all your codes are in fact pointed to you. (make sure you are secure about having legal structure and your site conforms to G's TOS first)

nick_mayhem said:
My click thru ratio is 0.03% for last 4 days. :(

Well am still not able to understand what to do.
Nick, have you in fact read and studied and implemented the examples provided by Google?
I have to suspect either you haven't put in the full amount of time it will take to really understand what options work yet, or have not started the tweaking process as suggested. We are friends, so I know the answer. :hehe:

My advice to you is the same as I advise myself, to pay attention to those that have developed successful campaigns within the Google guidelines and learn from their success.

I am still in the reading and trying to comprehend stage, taking notes and bookmarking important pages that are relevant to my sites.

One thing that could help motivate and keep at it would be to get together with another member and team up, the two members push each other to getting it right.

Remember, this thread is about NO EXCUSES. If we havent done the work we cannot expect the rewards. Period.

Dont give up anyone, if we work together to understand and share what we have learned it will benefit the community as well as ourselves.

Peace,
Cyberian

Last edited:
•••
Here are a pair of nice, simple vids provided by Google.
The first deals with installing the ad code and troubleshoots some common problems, also some FAQ's.
The second will explain some of the options available and some results produced from tweaking you site and/or the ads.

Help with Ad Code Demo

Google Optimization Demo

•••
Cyberian, freedrivingdirection now has a 40 percent CTR, with maps and directions
Do you have any sugestions for world - blogger .com I have tried the keywords blog and hosting and it still has a 0% CTR rate, for around 500 views.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back