Dynadot

Google AdSense Profits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Mods & Mems,

In a previous post I stated the best source for information on how to
optimize your pages for Google Adsense was in fact Google.

And that despite all claims to the contrary, it serves Google’s best interest
when your sites do well, and towards this end they have provided us with
vast resources of tutorials and user help pages all readily available and
conveniently located. Just a mouse click away.

Knowing this, it means the only thing between us and a successful Adsense
campaign is our willingness to put forth a sincere effort.
See, bottom line, it is not as simple as putting up a minisite template and then
throwing in the Adsense code, optimization really is an art form,
combining the ads and the content to appeal to each sites specific traffic
base. Where as a formula that works on a needlepoint and sewing site may
not produce the same results on a tech site.

Now, what has been proven time and again by so many others is Google works.
Site owners that have followed the rules and have paid attention are earning

:$: :wave: :$: :wave: :$: HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY :$: :wave: :$: :wave: :$:

without having to cheat or trick the system! What this suggests is
we will only get out of our sites what we put into them, and we need to
study the information provided by both Google and other users who share real
time tips and strategy through blogs and discussion groups.

Members, supper is in the kitchen, all the ingredients for a beautiful meal just
waiting for us to get up off the couch and put forth the effort to prepare it
properly.
Or... we can go to the freezer, grab that microwave dinner and set
the timer. This is real life, and in real life our rewards are received in direct
proportion to the results of our efforts, they are earned.

So the next time we see a thread complaining about how Google rips people
off, or closes accounts for no reason, or even that Adsense just doesn't
work... ask the poster to link us to the site or sites in question and lets take
a good look at how much effort was applied and the quality of the content
provided before we jump on the wagon and start the whine fest.

So no more excuses from me, I have decided to learn what the difference is
between a winning Adsense campaign and what I have been doing up until now.

Here are some quick links I think will help us all find what we need to know
to get the job done!

AdSense Help Center Home
A look inside Google AdSense
AdSense Help Discussion Group
Adsense Basics

All this and more can be found within Google Adsense, so no more excuses!

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess it depends what kind of t.v. dinner is in the freezer :hehe: good points made, you get what you put into it, true in life, true on the internet as well, pure poetry once again from Cyberian :great:

•••
Way to go,CYberian! BTW, I was recently accepted by Adsense,and my site has been getting 100+ uniques(as it was started recently) but Google doesenst pay me ! Everyday! I get around 10 clicks and the no. of clicks is gradually increasing but My balance is 0..Cyberian, Do u have any IDea as to when Ill get paid,like I mean like after how many clicks ill get my account started!
Thanks!
Thanks again for the article.(Was Informative)

•••
blackwizard said:
Everyday! I get around 10 clicks and the no. of clicks is gradually increasing but My balance is 0..Cyberian, Do u have any IDea as to when Ill get paid,like I mean like after how many clicks ill get my account started!
You can probably find your answer in the links that Cyberian provided in the original post. :hehe:

-Bill

%%-

•••
blackwizard said:
Way to go,CYberian! BTW, I was recently accepted by Adsense,and my site has been getting 100+ uniques(as it was started recently) but Google doesenst pay me ! Everyday! I get around 10 clicks and the no. of clicks is gradually increasing but My balance is 0..Cyberian, Do u have any IDea as to when Ill get paid,like I mean like after how many clicks ill get my account started!
Thanks!
Thanks again for the article.(Was Informative)
Here you go blackwizard, the info concerning your question I just found
>>>> HERE <<<<
in the "Top 5 Questions" box displayed on every Adsense Information page.

This is what I was meant when I said answers can be found providing we
make an sincere effort to activly search for them. :)

I suggest you spend a couple of days (thats what I'm going to do)
and research the different options and support available to better
optimize your site.

Good Luck and congratulations being accepted in to the program. :tu:

Lets all start learning to earn! :$:
Peace,
Cyberian

EDIT: -Bill, ty :)

•••
Thanks for the Clarification,Bill and Cyberian.

•••
Actually adsense is my main and biggest income, i think im not the only one ;)

•••
Well Im gonna read those too i have read many article about adsense but not from Googles own adsense help center lol time to read those too.

•••
My advice is NEVER rely solely on adsense for your income. You can banned from adsense (whether or not you click on your ads) or the adsense program can be discontinued or not make that much money anymore.
You should diversify and sell products, services or ad space directly to the publishers.

•••
im still waiting for yahoo ads to approve me lol

•••
cyberian is right but also ablaye can't be straighter to the truth
GoogleSense is a very fragile system for the publisher
If you have a highly reputable system then it's ok, the people there will cooperate with if you ever had a problem BUT if you are a small publisher then the minefield is out in the open for you.

Google doesn't protect the publisher but the advertiser which is logical of course since it takes the money from him

An easy and realistic scenario you can loose your account is :

1. Some one else start clicking your ads (for any reason) your profits increase rapidly
2. You don't see that unusual and don't report it to them (the only method that will save your account)
3. You are lucky to collect the money at the end of the month (or not) and after that you receive an email like the one below.
4. You can't protect yourself with any method (logs, no problems in the past, being polite/honest/cooperative, ... nothing will restore your account)

This is what you'll get :
"It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google
AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

A publisher's site may not have invalid clicks on any ad(s), including
but not limited to clicks generated by:

- a publisher on his own web pages
- a publisher encouraging others to click on his ads
- automated clicking programs or any other deceptive software
- a publisher altering any portion of the ad code or changing the
layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason

Practices such as these are in violation of the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions and program polices, which can be viewed at:

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms?hl=en_US
https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_US

Publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed further participation in AdSense and do not receive any further payment. The earnings on your account will be properly returned to the affected advertisers.

Sincerely,
The Google AdSense Team"

So the bottom line is that it should never be the only profit method from your site

•••
It seems just so unrealistic, i hope it only happens with the low-income adsense users. I dont mean i want them to have this kind of problem, but i believe its much more realistic that someone loses his adsense account in the third-forth month with low xxx$ income, then after a year or two with xxxx$ income.

•••
Well everyone is capable to form his own opinion but the fact is that this is not unrealistic at all and unfortunately your hope doesn't work against the real facts

3 examples :

1. Webmaster with 5 sites lost his account after 1.5 year with fake clicks (not from his own) said he had an average of $1200 per month
2. Another one with 1 site lost his account after 9 months for the same reason
said he had an average of $900 per month
3. Another one with 1 site lost his account because he made an error pasting the google search box and misplaced the html code with his own code (actually this is something in the terms but there are not all of them gurus and mistakes can happen, however no mistakes allowed from adsense supervisors)

Summary : Be careful with your google code. Double check it and be sure it's 101% according to their rules. This will save you from 3rd case but not from 1 and 2

•••
Interesting.. I dont know why its worth for them. On the other hand, there are alternatives to replace adsense codes, like yahoo. Not sure how good they are paying, never tried them, but if the difference is not huge, then not everything is lost?!

•••
what about thos RSS mini sites...

can you put up google adds SAFE ??

is it allowed??

•••
If its RSS only its against the TOS

•••
hm okey.. its rss only..

maybe if i create a page on top of it.. than its allowed i guess

•••
tetrapak said:
Interesting.. I dont know why its worth for them. On the other hand, there are alternatives to replace adsense codes, like yahoo. Not sure how good they are paying, never tried them, but if the difference is not huge, then not everything is lost?!

Yahoo Ads popularity is lower than Google Ads because the publishers are limited to US only. Generally the payouts are good. It's the best alternative for Adsense (and maybe the word alternative is not right because yahoo ads may be a primary selection and not not an alternative)

So far i didn't hear anything bad for yahoo ads

•••
•••
•••
And I get around 1200 Uniques on my sites daily. [All websites that has Adsense]

But the earning is $3 or $4 in one month. :(

•••
nick_mayhem said:
And I get around 1200 Uniques on my sites daily. [All websites that has Adsense]

Wow, that's quite low :(
Try moving the ads around for a week to see good exposure locations on your website.

I receive around 200 uniques on my proxies and receive minimum $2 per day.

Keep on trying :)

Thanks for the links Cyberian!

•••
First, congrats on the traffict but your income seems very low. With 1,200 uniques a day at a 10% click through you would have 120 clicks. 120 x .05 -.10 (which is a low cpc imho) you should get 6-12$ a day. I don't have much experience in optimizing adsene, but I would seek out those who do to get some advice. Just seems like you should be making a heck of a lot more.

nick_mayhem said:

•••
My click thru ratio is 0.03% for last 4 days. :(

Well am still not able to understand what to do.

•••
That is a crazy low ctr. I think I've read on another post that you have quite a few domain names, liked a couple hundred or more. Which would average out to a few hits on each everyday. So I would start with your sites with the highest traffic first and go down the list, tweeking each site. From my limited experience, when it comes to increasing ctr, you have to consider two things.

1. What is my traffic looking for.

2. How have I integrated my ads.

The only advice I could give would be to make sure that your page and ads matches what the users are lookng for.

As far as how to integrate ads, there are many opinions on what works and what doesn't. From my experience, (again it's limited) I see a higher ctr when I place less ads on the page but increase the "white space" or the area around the ad. For me placing single ads, integrated within the body of the page work more than the banner ads. My opinion is that people have become a bit savey to the ads, so when they see a huge block of ads they just ignore them, almost at a subconscious level.

Another trick is to put an "icon" or image next to your ad to draw attention to it. Of course don't but a blinking "click here" image, as that is against google tos. But just some subtle image that makes a users eye gravitate to the ad.

Not to be offensive, but with your ctr, don't be afraid to experiment. Try diferent things. It is true that money doesn't grow on trees, but if you spend some serious effort optimizing even a simple site you can see good returns day after day.

Best of luck to you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back