IT.COM

Good Idea??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been on a number of domain sites where people are looking to buy domains.. and tons of people who are selling, but for some reason they never talk to eachother. So my thought was to start a site where people can pay a VERY small fee and a few people will try to find buyers for their domains.

What do people think about this idea, and if you like it should I do it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, of course! :)

If you were able to find buyers for names there would be a huge market for your services.

•••
YAY! Someone likes the idea. Once I have my hosting site back up and running I might buy a domain and do that.

•••
it's a good idea...however, there are many sites like this...www.afternic.com and www.sedo.co.uk are 2 for example.

If you want to be competitive, go free to members are a little while and have a big ad budget.

•••
hmm yeah, but afternic is kind of like an auction place.. I mean I have people who go out and find people who want to buy

•••
I would love to have a broker for some of my better domain names. You could make some good money too if you found buyers for high dollar domain names and took a percentage in commission.

•••
GreatDomains' used to "actively market" domains for folks to end-users, retail, etc., and still may do this once relaunched. They had some success at it too, from what I hear. However, you are talking about the absolute pinnacle of the profession here ... no easy feat, by any means. Securing end-user to retail buyers CAN be done, but it is a very labor intensive and time consuming task. Those VERY small fees you mention will have to be raised to make it worth your while, too IMHO.
So, my advice ... start slowly, one domain at a time, find your "niche", sharpen your phone and e-mail skills and hone your craft.
When you're successful at it, your specialized services will be forever in demand. There is very little doubt about this.
I think it's a worthy endeavor, and I wish you well.
Take care.
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back