NameSilo

Good Free Gaming CMS?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

SoapTaco

Established Member
Impact
1
Like a lot of the members here I picked up a Nintendo Wii domain name: wiiway.com.

I would like to begin developing the site and was looking for some advice on gaming CMSs. I have only used one CMS in the past (on a 360 site) and it was iGaming CMS. I spent a lot of time customizing it and it seemed to be decent, but not all that great. It also has not been updated in over a year.

I would like to find a decent CMS for free or for a reasonable price, under $50 or so. It would be great if I could find one that has templates already available for me to play with, but it isn't necessary.

Anyone have any suggestions? I did a HotScripts search already but didn't really find much. I will give rep to anyone that helps me. Maybe NP as well depending on how good it is.

Thanks for any help guys,
Soap
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Tufat.com has a very good CMS script for $5 called EasySite.
 
0
•••
0
•••
If you're looking specifically for a gaming CMS, then http://gamecms.com looks extremely promising. Only problem is that right now there aren't any frontend templates - as the purpose behind this CMS is that you can fit it into any of your own templates - however afaik the creator is releasing some sample frontends soon
 
1
•••
siradio said:
If you're looking specifically for a gaming CMS, then http://gamecms.com looks extremely promising. Only problem is that right now there aren't any frontend templates - as the purpose behind this CMS is that you can fit it into any of your own templates - however afaik the creator is releasing some sample frontends soon

That does look nice! I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the link :)
 
0
•••
igaming, gamecms and onecms are some of the gaming CMS.

But I am personally fed up of all. So developing a custom one would be far better then using this. :D
 
0
•••
There is a free one
iGaming
You can try that one, but its better to go for a paid solution.
 
0
•••
There is a free one
iGaming
You can try that one, but its better to go for a paid solution.
As I said in my original post, I have used this already and even customized it to include a "hardware" section and reviews.

Are these really the only options out there? I was looking for a CMS specifically geared toward gaming, like iGaming. If I have to I will use that again, I suppose I can take the time to make it not look so lame.

You mention a paid solution, like what? Are there any paid gaming CMSs out there? I am willing to spend some money on this. Or, were you talking about paying someone to have one custom made like Nick suggested?

I am trying to save myself some time here, but I want to create a nice Wii site since I am obviously going to have some competition.
 
0
•••
Well Soap taco Please PM me your email address. I will send you some samples of the work I had been doing in past months.

I am unable to post a screenshot here. It's huge.
 
1
•••
Check out http://www.vgportal.com CMS. They have a free version the original at the bottom of page one and the newest version 2.6. paid version.
 
1
•••
hey, in the past i have used E107 for a couple different sites, once even for my MOHAA clan, so it can be used as a gaming site. Totally free CMS, and you have tons of themes/templates to choose from, they are pretty simple to edit as well.

i no longer have this server, but here is one site i made with it http://mjfun.m-e-tech.com/e107/news.php simple design and layout, but you can find other designs to fit your taste, just google for e107 themes.
 
1
•••
The problem I have with a lot of these CMS's is they look a lot like a portal, something which isn't so good for a gaming site. Gaming sites need elaborate designs to attract visitors.
 
1
•••
CriminalOrigins said:
The problem I have with a lot of these CMS's is they look a lot like a portal, something which isn't so good for a gaming site. Gaming sites need elaborate designs to attract visitors.

I agree, I was hoping to be able to find a CMS with an outstanding design, or at least a good template to work from. Most of them do resemble a portal, and not a great looking one at that.

It looks like I might be stuck with iGaming CMS. I really don't want to use it again, but the backend is great and it has all the features that I am looking for. Perhaps I will make a few nice templates for it while I am in there to sell to other people interested, I will only make some templates if I get some interest in them,

Thanks for all the advice so far everyone!
Soap
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back