IT.COM

Good Cheap Hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Who is the best cheap hosting? Im looking to spend <$10 a month on them, and cPanel would be nice, or just the ability to add mySQL databases :)

Just post some links ^.^

I know about:
Lunar Pages
HostGator

So dont tell me about them please :p

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You can checkout ixwebhosting, hostgator, bluehost, hostmonster. There are a bunch under $10.

•••
onewordonly said:
I can offer suggestions:

MyDomain.com: Excellent hosting for the price, use coupon "bargaincat.com" for 15% discount.
Yes they offer good deals for hosting for the price

•••
This thread is a little old, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned nearlyfreespeech.net. They use a prepaid, usage-based pricing model. I've used them to host a number of minisites and other small sites before upgrading my GoDaddy hosting to unlimited domains. Never had any problem with their service as far as I can remember. It doesn't have cPanel though. You'd have to get use to their proprietary panel, and somewhat different means of operation in general. Also, if I recall correctly, they don't offer email on domains but do have some sort of forwarding. I never needed to use that, though.

Once in a while the hosting would be a bit slow for me. I definitely recommend them for high quantities of low to mid traffic sites, though. If it's a type of site where it's crucial to be at full speed at all times, you probably won't want to go with them. Also, if you're doing more than a few GB per month, you might as well use another company as you may get a better deal that way.

•••
If it's very old, close it.
But I see it's very popular.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back