Dynadot

Good bye, NP!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AGermanGuy

Established Member
Impact
I am only here since 2 weeks and yet I already have to leave you!

Before I went into domaining, I forgot to think about taxes and such. So I went to my local financial office today and asked about taxes. They told me, that since I am recieving state benefits, before we can go to taxes, I have to ask my work office for permission. And even if they give me permission to pursue domaining, I have to give the state most of my domaining income. I could keep about 100-200€ myself and have to give the rest to the state since I am on state benefits. So to make domaining worthwhile, I would have to generate like 1000€+ profits a month, to not recieve state benefits anymore. And even if, I still have to get a licenese and so on and so on.

So I will have to quit domaining until I found a job and thus do not recieve state benefits anymore! But I will not be gone forever, I will come back when that happens and start domaining again! In 3 years I should have finished college, so in 3 years I should have found a good paid job to not recieve state benefits anymore.

I thank you all for the help I have recieved so far.

And now I am scared that if I get the money from my auction here on NP on my paypal account, I could get into trouble :/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my last advice:

you are asking people who have no intention to help you
in regards to the most important question in your life.
are you serious?

are you asking
how you could do it ?

no - your are asking
"if" you can do it.
all those people will tell you, you can't do it.

how can they know?
why should they care?

think twice:
even your question is wrong

•••
my last advice:

you are asking people who have no intention to help you
in regards to the most important question in your life.
are you serious?

are you asking
how you could do it ?

no - your are asking
"if" you can do it.
all those people will tell you, you can't do it.

how can they know?
why should they care?

think twice:
even your question is wrong
You are right, I shouldnt ask IF I can do it, but HOW I can do it.

But, you arent the only one saying the financial office doesnt wants to help me.

Why wouldnt they want to get more taxes? By helping me with domaining, they get more taxes = more money to the state. The financial office should have the best interest in helping me with domaining, since it means more money to them. Same with the Jobcenter, me doing domaining means less money the Jobcenter has to pay me.

And, even IF they only want the worst for me, there is nothing I can do about it. I have said countless times already that they are the only ones I can get advice from, I do not have the money for a lawyer.

But your advice about the "not IF, but HOW" is good, I will keep that in mind.

•••
You are right, I shouldnt ask IF I can do it, but HOW I can do it.

But, you arent the only one saying the financial office doesnt wants to help me.

Why wouldnt they want to get more taxes? By helping me with domaining, they get more taxes = more money to the state. The financial office should have the best interest in helping me with domaining, since it means more money to them. Same with the Jobcenter, me doing domaining means less money the Jobcenter has to pay me.

And, even IF they only want the worst for me, there is nothing I can do about it. I have said countless times already that they are the only ones I can get advice from, I do not have the money for a lawyer.

But your advice about the "not IF, but HOW" is good, I will keep that in mind.

they don't care if you pay taxes
they care for their own doom only

those are people satisfied with 9/5 jobs

•••
they don't care if you pay taxes
they care for their own doom only

those are people satisfied with 9/5 jobs
Hm okay.

Nonetheless, you gave good advice. If I say I want to know HOW to do it, instead of IF I can do it, they will maybe give different advice.

•••
all the best to you

you are still young

•••
Best wishes for you. Don't forget your username. We'll see you in six years. :)

RJ

•••
Keep a couple domains and build something, if and when in the future you think it's in a good position to make good money then you can add revenue streams at your discretion.

If you don't have a domain name that you believe in enough to build upon, trade your names for one that does.

Flipping domain names is not a path to riches, that path is taken by the ones that buy your names and use them.

•••
Hm okay.

Nonetheless, you gave good advice. If I say I want to know HOW to do it, instead of IF I can do it, they will maybe give different advice.

That will be of use. Looking forward for you to find better option than quit and get back with more spirit and skills.
Best of luck!

•••
You cant sell.
Then buy.
Buy some good domains, at least one 4L or a few good numerics and. ...
Forget about domaining for next 6 years.

•••
You cant sell.
Then buy.
Buy some good domains, at least one 4L or a few good numerics and. ...
Forget about domaining for next 6 years.
A 4L is like xxx or xxxx$ lol. I think many people here havent understood yet that I live on state benefits. Where am I supposed to get xxx$ or more from?

Last edited:
•••
If you cant buy XXXX, buy XXX non chip

•••
If you cant buy XXXX, buy XXX non chip
I also dont have xxx$. I live on state benefits, I even say it in the post. I want to do domaining as hobby, invest 25$, get back 30$, like this.

•••
Then buy some good 6n-7n numerics.
They are cheap now.

•••
Good luck. Though we did not get a chance to interact a lot, I've had a few chats in the chat box. Too bad on your situation but hopefully something will work out...

Cheers

•••
Best of luck! Just don't open up the Marketplace forums... you will be eager to buy. Even without money... Trust me :-/ haha

•••
when I was in your age I also think the same things! education can give guarantee to my future! but in reality that's not going to happen! so my suggestion is, learn something that can make you money(this is a must), and just don't rely on education or a jobs!

and remember the demmand and supply are not always be equal, that's why when you looking for a jobs it will not be easy. salary sucks! 9-5 no freedom and your boss ask respect and etc. and sometime when you make a one problems with your boss, whether you like it or not, you'll have to leave! and that's sucks situation!

but if you have good skill, no matter what! they can't tell you what to do and what not! so if I were you. I will try to learn something that I like and make some cash from it! rather than focus on college! of course our education help and make our POV become much more better than ppl that have no eductions! but problems is every company in this worlds are same! i,e giving more value to ppl that can give more profits!

my point is, education can give you a piece of paper I.e diploma or bachelor degree! but skill making money, can give you a freedom to choose! just remember that! :) and you don't have to choose which one! just do both one at a time with slowly! and you know what, when you make some money, trust me! you'll be smart than your lecturer 10 times ;) simple because you have more freedom and confident!

I wish I have that skill when I was in college, cause I am sure I can banged a lot of girls ;) if you know what I mean ;) huehehehehe!

Money can't get you a girls, but money can make you confident! and girls love that!

Last edited:
•••
You had been a good soul..you will be missed

But..

Keep Learning..

•••
Do know 1 thing : Laws can change over time (I mean benefit-laws that prohibit from selling or gaining money). In 6 years a lot can happen.

•••
I would go with a registrar like fabulous.com and just park names with them, any revenue from ppc could be used to pay the reg fees without taking any money out, and if you had some really good names just use the credit to reg more names.
But check with your people first, I would think this might be an option

•••
•••
%%- My advice is to be an intern here, if you like make it a full time job! -%%

%%- Best of Success from NInjaDomain.com -%%

•••
@AGermanGuy
You should do what every struggling college student does bro.. Join the united stripper college fund!

Stripper.gif

•••
Can't you do domaining in someone else's name? Someone you trust and who'd not have to give up on anything in return for being a domainer? Just use their name?
It would be good if you have this chance..

•••
Can't you do domaining in someone else's name? Someone you trust and who'd not have to give up on anything in return for being a domainer? Just use their name?
It would be good if you have this chance..
I dont really want to do this, even if I would know someone who would do this for me. Too greyish for me.

I will just have to accept this and concentrate on College now :)

•••
I don't know specific laws in your country, but you probably can get relatively low amounts without breaking the laws. You can get some amount to your birthday from uncle or grandparents, you can sell old smartphone or something else. Anyway, even you can not get a dime of income, you still can buy domains and you can exchange domains with other domainers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back