IT.COM

offers Gonna buy a domain, don't know it worths the offer!

NameSilo
Watch

Mohammad

Established Member
Impact
I'm going to buy a domain. First time, seller didn't reply my email and second time I offered him $500 for a 2 words .com domain which estibot says its value is about $950. Now, I think I could buy it cheaper and I made a mistake by offering $500. I thought he won't sell it lower than $1000 but now he accepted the $500 offer. How may I be sure that the domain is valuable like $500? Should I take a time and ask a 3rd party (my close friend) to buy it for lower price? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honor your word as a Businessman and as a Man and have some integrity.

If things are moving too slowly and you're having second thoughts, email him and let him know you want this completed within the next 48 hours or you're going with another name but still give him the opportunity to move forward with your original offer if he agreed. The end.

PS - Unless you're a mind-reader, maybe the guy didn't even want to sell it for $500 but something came up, or he thought about it and he's actually giving you a break, and now you want it for less? At the end of the day he could be the one with seller's remorse. How about he emails you in the morning saying "On second thought, I want $1000" when you're ready to pay up the $500 he accepted, what's the difference? I bet then you'd be quick to pay up that $500.

Doing the right thing always pays off in the long-run. I've followed-through with deals I had seller's & buyer's remorse only to deal with the same person in the future and cut some nice deals which wouldn't be the case if I had backed out.

Very well said bro... I agreed 100%.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back