IT.COM

offers Gonna buy a domain, don't know it worths the offer!

NameSilo
Watch

Mohammad

Established Member
Impact
I'm going to buy a domain. First time, seller didn't reply my email and second time I offered him $500 for a 2 words .com domain which estibot says its value is about $950. Now, I think I could buy it cheaper and I made a mistake by offering $500. I thought he won't sell it lower than $1000 but now he accepted the $500 offer. How may I be sure that the domain is valuable like $500? Should I take a time and ask a 3rd party (my close friend) to buy it for lower price? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
is a nobrainer... if you offered 500$ it means it is worth for you at leastthat sum. You got curious because he accepted straight away. This doesn t mean the domain is not worth it. Plus you wouldn t be really a serious person to make business iMHO

Actually from his thread it seems he made a hasty decision in offering $500 and doesn't think it's worth that in reality. PM domain op, I'll appraise it for you.

•••
Actually from his thread it seems he made a hasty decision in offering $500 and doesn't think it's worth that in reality. PM domain op, I'll appraise it for you.
I know, you have positive intention about this. However,
it is not a good idea to show or used an item in public that he does not own.

•••
@ZapNano - @Tytus asked for a PM. Not for him to post the domain publicly.

•••
@ZapNano - @Tytus asked for a PM. Not for him to post the domain publicly.
Stub, PM, publicly and such; still not a good idea to retrieved a file or bring up to view an item; that is not belong to him. This because, it's the right thing to do. Leave the seller alone all the way. And move on.

•••
Numpty time waster? ... Is that a legal term ;)

I really wanted to use stronger words, but I think that the Namepros staff might take umbrage.

•••
Uterios, your world seems perfect. And I believe in the real world is not; as well the world I have seen, heard and I have experienced. You acknowledged, that based on a person decision making is somehow is governed by such influences. In this regard, if a person is under influenced by something and such; why would you even considered and try to inforced the contract? Any reasonable and fair person would have been realized and took the consideration, by the fact that the individual to whom you made the contract with, was intoxicated.

You know from the beginning of the negotiation process, and knowingly know; that the person was indeed intoxicated while you made your deal. And proceed the contract anyway.

Looking at the whole picture, if anybody try to inforced such contract and making a deal with intoxicated person, knowingly and intentionally; then I find the contract was not legitimate. And therefore, the contract is none inforecible.

This because, I don't take advantage to people that are not totally themselves while making such decision.

In terms of where you take the legal class; online or in class room. Recognized Univesities or credited of something and something school. In my opinion, regardless of what education you have accomplished and what school you have attended, it make no diffence.

It's your action, behavior and your overall performance that you have represent. It is more vital; than anything else.

Solid 3.5grade for that class. I didn't even understand if there was such thing about solid, hollow or shallow grades.

Intoxicated.xyz VS Cash.king = contract is none inforecible.

Just my opinion :)

In an email message, it's difficult to know if someone is a drunk, a crazy, a minor, or an otherwise incapacitated person.

A message that might not be written well may be penned by someone who is not a native speaker of English or a Google translation -- or just a lousy writer.

In my business law class (years ago), we learned that a contract in which written communication leaves a paper trail is indeed highly enforceable. Email would fall under that umbrella. Technically, verbal contracts are also legal, but much more difficult to defend (It becomes a "he/she said, he/she said" situation).

The question, then, is it worth pursuing legal action?

In most cases, no.

But naming and shaming IS an option so that others can avoid dealing with non-payers.

Why shouldn't there be such a registry?

Rick Schwartz had his Name and Shame website, but he has since retired; I hope he sells that domain to someone willing to assume that job.

•••
In an email message, it's difficult to know if someone is a drunk, a crazy, a minor, or an otherwise incapacitated person.

A message that might not be written well may be penned by someone who is not a native speaker of English or a Google translation -- or just a lousy writer.

In my business law class (years ago), we learned that a contract in which written communication leaves a paper trail is indeed highly enforceable. Email would fall under that umbrella. Technically, verbal contracts are also legal, but much more difficult to defend (It becomes a "he/she said, he/she said" situation).

The question, then, is it worth pursuing legal action?

In most cases, no.

But naming and shaming IS an option so that others can avoid dealing with non-payers.

Why shouldn't there be such a registry?

Rick Schwartz had his Name and Shame website, but he has since retired; I hope he sells that domain to someone willing to assume that job.
Is this a writing class, spelling and grammar issue?

•••
Is this a writing class, spelling and grammar issue?
You seems like bringing up all kinds of issues; to pulute the current one. How many languages do you know, understand and write? If your answer from almost zero and to hollow one; then you just disrespecting your accomplishments and knowledges in such area.
If you think you are perfect in all areas, then I salute you. Registries are totally diffent from this issue. Your concerned about prevention of none payer buyers in the future; the seller has nothing to do with this issue; so therefore he or she should left alone. Including the item he owns. if you are being reasonable and fair to everyone, in such situation; then that alone will save you all kinds of headaches. I respect your knowledge and accomplishment is such area. Till then the world is far from perfect. Except yours.

•••
Honor your word as a Businessman and as a Man and have some integrity.

If things are moving too slowly and you're having second thoughts, email him and let him know you want this completed within the next 48 hours or you're going with another name but still give him the opportunity to move forward with your original offer if he agreed. The end.

PS - Unless you're a mind-reader, maybe the guy didn't even want to sell it for $500 but something came up, or he thought about it and he's actually giving you a break, and now you want it for less? At the end of the day he could be the one with seller's remorse. How about he emails you in the morning saying "On second thought, I want $1000" when you're ready to pay up the $500 he accepted, what's the difference? I bet then you'd be quick to pay up that $500.

Doing the right thing always pays off in the long-run. I've followed-through with deals I had seller's & buyer's remorse only to deal with the same person in the future and cut some nice deals which wouldn't be the case if I had backed out.

No Doubt. If everyone who makes a legit offer could back out of a deal without consequences, this industry is in some serious trouble.
Always honor your word and let this make you think more about what you are purchasing next time.
If you offer $500 then it is worth $500 to you regardless of what it is worth to someone else..
Good Luck with it ;)

•••
The first time you made an offer, no reply. Later you offer $500 and the person thinks, ok legitimate offer this time I will accept. Maybe a busy person who gets lots of whats your price emails, and only looks at good offers. You obviously had time to do your research, and felt the name was worth $500. More than I would pay for any name. We can chalk that up to a noob who doesnt know the business.

But then stating you would have a friend send a lower offer after a few months, showed me your the kind of person you are. Making an offer and not following through, thats iffy.
Trying to pay less by sending an offer via another email adresse, saving maybe $100-200, told me you are not to be trusted.

Maybe you should join Adam Dicker's group and learn a few more tricks in how not to do business.

I may not win any popularity contests on here, but my word and keeping my word, matters more than anything. Its all about trust, and honesty

Yes, I need the domain for development. Just thinking if I wait for 1-2 month(s) and ask my partner to offer lower price to seller.

•••
You seems like bringing up all kinds of issues; to pulute the current one. How many languages do you know, understand and write? If your answer from almost zero and to hollow one; then you just disrespecting your accomplishments and knowledges in such area.
If you think you are perfect in all areas, then I salute you. Registries are totally diffent from this issue. Your concerned about prevention of none payer buyers in the future; the seller has nothing to do with this issue; so therefore he or she should left alone. Including the item he owns. if you are being reasonable and fair to everyone, in such situation; then that alone will save you all kinds of headaches. I respect your knowledge and accomplishment is such area. Till then the world is far from perfect. Except yours.

The first indication of something wrong is when you reply to your own posts ;) I trust you accept this JOKE in the same terms as it is given. With humor :)

Last edited:
•••
Honor your offer of $500 as it is accepted by owner. If its a mistake then tough, we all make them.

•••
No Doubt. If everyone who makes a legit offer could back out of a deal without consequences, this industry is in some serious trouble.
Always honor your word and let this make you think more about what you are purchasing next time.
If you offer $500 then it is worth $500 to you regardless of what it is worth to someone else..
Good Luck with it ;)

What puts this industry in serious trouble is that no one does anything with any semblance of a real legitimate contract in place and assumes that "your word is your bond" like that has any kind of actual meaning.

Swap out the phrase for "pinky promise" and you'll see how ridiculous you all sound.

I pinky promise you $500 for your domain based on the following conditions: none.
I accepts your pinky promise.

Now what? Remember, children, it's a contract... should be clear to everyone exactly what is expected now. No finger crossings allowed.

•••
@DU - That's just ridiculous. We were having a serious conversation here ;)

•••
•••
The first indication of something wrong is when you reply to your own posts ;) I trust you accept this JOKE in the same terms as it is given. With humor :)
It's all good; no right or wrong. Even misspelled word, but sounds the same. We still try to registered them :)

•••
•••
if a person is under influenced by something and such; why would you even considered and try to inforced the contract?
If people were not held accountable for their actions then what do you think this world would be like? If everyone who signed a contract did not have to honor their contract then the world economy would be extremely more worse than it is. Once someone becomes an adult they should be mature enough to know that they need to be help accountable for what they do.

Looking at the whole picture, if anybody try to inforced such contract and making a deal with intoxicated person, knowingly and intentionally; then I find the contract was not legitimate. And therefore, the contract is none inforecible.
Actually the contract IS enforceable, show me some credible information where it says it would not be legitimate!

In terms of where you take the legal class; online or in class room. Recognized Univesities or credited of something and something school. In my opinion, regardless of what education you have accomplished and what school you have attended, it make no diffence.
Actually it makes a big difference. The small online or fly-by-night schools are not held to the same standards that other schools must be held to. If schools don't matter as far as what school you attend and it makes no difference than I could just go to Mexico and get myself a medical doctorate by just bribing the school to buy a degree, then go perform surgery on people. In your eye, this would be fine, right?

I haven't been following or reading all of the posts in this thread but has there been any proof that the person who is violating their contract was actually drunk is is this just a could be?

Also, why are you arguing that the person was drunk and should not be responsible for fulfilling their obligation? Are you the person in question or is that person a friend or family member? I only ask because you are acting like you have inside information on this matter.

•••
If people were not held accountable for their actions then what do you think this world would be like? If everyone who signed a contract did not have to honor their contract then the world economy would be extremely more worse than it is. Once someone becomes an adult they should be mature enough to know that they need to be help accountable for what they do.

Actually the contract IS enforceable, show me some credible information where it says it would not be legitimate!

Actually it makes a big difference. The small online or fly-by-night schools are not held to the same standards that other schools must be held to. If schools don't matter as far as what school you attend and it makes no difference than I could just go to Mexico and get myself a medical doctorate by just bribing the school to buy a degree, then go perform surgery on people. In your eye, this would be fine, right?

I haven't been following or reading all of the posts in this thread but has there been any proof that the person who is violating their contract was actually drunk is is this just a could be?

Also, why are you arguing that the person was drunk and should not be responsible for fulfilling their obligation? Are you the person in question or is that person a friend or family member? I only ask because you are acting like you have inside information on this matter.
Uterois, about drunk situation; this was just an example of a class discussion. That I had many years ago. This situation has nothing to do with NP community members situation. Arguing, I don't call these postings an arguing. Or at least you are just referring my opinions and thoughts about this situation; as an arguing. You can translate anything you wish. Other subjects such as Mexico, Doctor degree and proof of something and somethings; all these has nothing to do with the current issues. Bringing all kinds of issues, to the current one it will just make it more confusing. I will keep my definition of fair and reasonable person. And you can keep yours.
After this, I would not answer anymore question; for this issue. It is all understood and I will close my opinion and thought. I thank you.

•••
@ZapNano - There is nothing confusing about this issue. The OP made an offer for a domain which was accepted. Under normal circumstances you would expect the domain to be sold without any more fuss. But not for the OP. He wants to renege on this deal and looking for ways to buy it cheaper. It's this last sentence which has given birth to this complete thread, full of it's irrelevances, and has raised the ire of many of it's posters (who seem to be in the majority).

•••
Arguing, I don't call these postings an arguing. Or at least you are just referring my opinions and thoughts about this situation; as an arguing. You can translate anything you wish.
ZapNana, it is arguing! I am not saying it's a bad thing as it's your opinion and your right to express it. I have no problem with that. You just seem to either know something that we don't or just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Just for the record, here is the definition of "Argue" from dictionary.com, the first result when you Google "Define Argue":

Argue - to present reasons for or against a thing.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/argue

Other subjects such as Mexico, Doctor degree and proof of something and somethings; all these has nothing to do with the current issues.
Being drunk has nothing to do with the issue as well, yet that is what you are trying to convince people was the issue.

•••
Buyers regret, it happens. You offered it, so should pay for it, or just be honest with the seller and try to renegotiate. Be honest.

The thing is, you said about getting a friend to try to buy it for you cheaper, duping the seller. Now that is an issue on it's own BUT you had no problem with telling us this as if it's a normal thing to do. Is this how you think domaining works? Do you actually think that everyone would think that is an acceptable way to do business?

•••
•••
ROFL..
@ulterios lmao...
Sorry I couldn't help myself..
I did the same thing in his previous reply to me, except it was spelled wrong a different way. Funny thing is that it's in the message he was quoting but I guess he just wanted to give it a try freestyle. ;)

•••
Namepros has a lot of members whose native language is not English.

I have no wish to mock anyone who doesn't speak or write perfect English; I hope I haven't implied that.

I think it's incredibly brave to post something in another language and risk writing something that might come out wrong.

Sometimes to get at the poster's intention, we need to be gentle and suss out what he or she means.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back