Watch
Hi Guys,
What .gold names have you registered?

I registered few

Web.gold
22k.gold
Fx.gold

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

- Moneyfor .gold
- Your .gold

I did not put that much effort into it this time.

•••
i have only a .gold domain name
A.gold

•••
Do you think [City].Gold will have good value?

•••
Do you think [City].Gold will have good value?
just so so ,i have a next.city 、vogue.life、tourist.city . What do you think ?

•••
•••
•••
Hello,

- Moneyfor .gold
- Your .gold

I did not put that much effort into it this time.

You seem to have a good feeling for the market value of gTLDs since you sold many already, why would you waste $99 on such a domain? For $99 you could get 4 new gTLDs or like 12 DOT COMs. If it was a premium, then I'd say ok, but this seems like a waste :(

I certainly have registered some stupid names too so I get it but I think you will get a better ROI if you are more pessimistic on any purchases you make. Moneyfor.TLD is particularly bad because this is the kind of domain hack no one wants or would ever consider. If it was money.TLD, then ok, I'd pay $99 for that sure.

I usually ask myself if I personally would use the name for my business before hit the buy button. So that I could put an entire business on the domain and my name name on it and be proud about it. If that is not the case, then I move on.

•••
You seem to have a good feeling for the market value of gTLDs since you sold many already, why would you waste $99 on such a domain? For $99 you could get 4 new gTLDs or like 12 DOT COMs. If it was a premium, then I'd say ok, but this seems like a waste :(

I certainly have registered some stupid names too so I get it but I think you will get a better ROI if you are more pessimistic on any purchases you make. Moneyfor.TLD is particularly bad because this is the kind of domain hack no one wants or would ever consider. If it was money.TLD, then ok, I'd pay $99 for that sure.

I usually ask myself if I personally would use the name for my business before hit the buy button. So that I could put an entire business on the domain and my name name on it and be proud about it. If that is not the case, then I move on.
As long as I like, I don't care much about money.

•••
As long as I like, I don't care much about money.

Hmm ok, that's a fair point, but if registering names is just a hobby for you, I think there are cheaper alternatives to get "gratification" ;)

•••

What is so bad with them?

"Yourgold" is registered in 15-20 extensions
"Moneyforgold" is registered in about 15 extensions

So what is a great .GOLD domain? Obviously "Buy dot gold" and "Sell dot gold" which both are crazy expensive, but please explain...

Edit... Yourgold.com sold for $2,188 in 2008. Not a huge amount, but just saying ;)

Last edited:
•••

So what is a great .GOLD domain? Obviously "Buy dot gold" and "Sell dot gold" which both are crazy expensive, but please explain...

Only because its registered in other extensions doesnt mean it has value. But moneyforgold.com is actually a lot more valuable because the phrase is on the left side. From the sales we've seen, it's mostly TWO keywords in combination (a meaningful combination) that sell e.g. net.work, luxury.estate, commercial.property and so on. Thats simply one of the "invisible" rules how domain hacks work and how businesses assign value.

MoneyForGold.org makes a lot of sence, but MoneyFor.TLD doesn't .. it's not worth the $99.

You sell a lot of names, just check what has sold for your personally and then compare it to this particular name.

Edit:
The other extensions are probably all moneyforgold.TLD (good quality) - and not moneyfor.TLD (poor quality)

•••
Ok, now I know what you think.

Anyway, I prefer to listen to my own instinct and my own research.

•••
My only gold domain "PriceOf.Gold" ,lots of searches today I'm sure

•••
•••
•••
•••
a.gold, did you buy that for normal price or was there a premium to it.
I look up other single letter .gold domains and they want $600 to buy and $600 per year renewal.

Same question for 9.gold.

Are you expecting to make a profit from these name registrations or are you going to develop them?

Cheers

•••
I managed to get:

Bar.Gold
Stock.Gold
Live.Gold
InvestIn.Gold

True say considering the market I too only prefer Keyword.Keyword as a general rule, but then in certain exclusive cases I might go for PriceOf.Gold types!
Btw I pre-registered it within GA, but I think you snapped it a day before GA through EAP! ;)

For me Pay.Gold was the costliest miss, considering the future of money, services like Bit.Gold or BitGold.com will go mainstream!!!

•••

Edit... Yourgold.com sold for $2,188 in 2008. Not a huge amount, but just saying ;)
You are just making the main extensions (i.e. .COM, .NET, etc) more valuable. It does seem like a bit of a waste!

•••
gold .gold

Time will tell.. :xf.wink:
You acquired Gold.Gold? If so, that's a interesting domain :P Did you have plans to develop it into something fun and exciting?

•••
You are just making the main extensions (i.e. .COM, .NET, etc) more valuable. It does seem like a bit of a waste!

I do not agree that this is making .NET will be more valuable. I am selling gTLDs on a regular basis (several a month), but do never get any request for .NET (except CCC and NNNN).

I can agree that Moneyfor .gold wasn't that good domain though. Sometimes you fail and learn. ;)

•••
You acquired Gold.Gold? If so, that's a interesting domain :P Did you have plans to develop it into something fun and exciting?

Not sure yet as I have several projects in the works and a new one active I'm investing a lot of time, money with right now.

•••
I do not agree that this is making .NET will be more valuable. I am selling gTLDs on a regular basis (several a month), but do never get any request for .NET (except CCC and NNNN).

I can agree that Moneyfor .gold wasn't that good domain though. Sometimes you fail and learn. ;)
kohsamui - Oh yes. That's certainly true. A helpful tip moving forward with gTLDs is if you're going to invest in them, stick to one-word domains. Do not extend beyond one word. Of course, the more strong and meaningful it is the more chance you have in selling it.
Not sure yet as I have several projects in the works and a new one active I'm investing a lot of time, money with right now.
mad409 - Oh yeah I know what you mean. It would be really nice as a landing page too. I think that would be cool and interesting. A Gold chart, information about Gold, and perhaps a Youtube video or two. Make it somewhat like a Gold blog. How say you?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back