Domain Empire

question Will .Gold be the Gtld of the future?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hman92

Established Member
Impact
Looking at the Gold market cap as a whole it ranks at $7.3 Trillion; while major Gold companies share mark cap in the billions; and Gold is always seen as a major backup or even replacement to paper money, can .Gold 20 years down the line become the new .com where Major Companies/Banks/Federal Reserves/Etc demand .Gold names?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
.Gold seems like. A premium domain name especially if you own Gold.Gold or Buy.Gold
Gold.Gold makes no sense, but Buy.Gold is a great domain name; probably the best in that extension.

•••
If there is a GTLD of .btc or .coin it might be the future.

•••
What about my Libra///gold

•••
Ironically .Com is still the gold standard for domains! lol

Aside from a few great spanthe.dot sentence domains like Buy.Gold, Sell.Gold, etc, I really don't see any use in the TLD until the entire ngTLD market gets enough critical mass for companies to use names like Canadian.Gold. But I don't that that happening enough for .gold domains to work for many years at least. I most certainly wouldn't even consider acquiring a .gold domain.

What about my Libra///gold
A trademark on a bad TLD? Unfortunately I don't like your chances of selling that at retail I'm sorry to say.

Last edited:
•••
I love domains, gold and netwld too, I have many and im partial/impartial to no ext in particular. Ironically I don't own any .gold domains though many .coms, almost all my .com and net and org are gold niche. That's how I hedge with .com and newtld too - I get the best of all of it (in my mind). I don't think .gold is more special than any other one currently, and I think gold (the element) has a BRIGHT future (pun) 10x gains this decade.

•••
Looking at the Gold market cap as a whole it ranks at $7.3 Trillion; while major Gold companies share mark cap in the billions; and Gold is always seen as a major backup or even replacement to paper money, can .Gold 20 years down the line become the new .com where Major Companies/Banks/Federal Reserves/Etc demand .Gold names?

no

•••
The problem is gold almost always 'in front' of other words when spoken. There are a few exceptions...but unlike most ntld, not many words fit *real*. You get a lot of clunky names like investing.gold when gold.investing is actually a lot better.

•••
Looking at the Gold market cap as a whole it ranks at $7.3 Trillion; .... .Gold names?

_tmp_php1xna7z_magic8ball1.jpg

•••
The problem is gold almost always 'in front' of other words when spoken. There are a few exceptions...but unlike most ntld, not many words fit *real*. You get a lot of clunky names like investing.gold when gold.investing is actually a lot better.

& names that make sense like buy.gold will have huge renewal fees that can change anytime

•••
.Gold seems like. A premium domain name especially if you own Gold.Gold or Buy.Gold
Also "Pure", 12K (etc), Yellow (etc) or probably any keyword based on the metal.

But to answer the question, any words that I can think of using that extension probably been registered is "no"

•••
•••
& names that make sense like buy.gold will have huge renewal fees that can change anytime
Even their standard renewal is not suitable for almost all domainers.

•••
I don't think so, there are other extensions that can potentially be profitable like top or xyz, but not gold...

•••
Well, I've just handregged aztec .gold and I'm all delighted with myself. Less than 10 bucks. Gotta b worth a punt.

•••
Does anyone have an example of a .gold domain ranking on the first page of Google (USA) for a profitable keyword search?

•••
1st page???
Just ~8.5K domains are registered overall...

Last edited:
•••
I joined for fun. Pan||For|.|Gold

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back