IT.COM

question Going to buy some Emoji domains?

NameSilo
Watch

Mubs

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Im thinking of purchasing a few Emoji domains, know which I want but got a few questions.

Are they only available in .ws? And they worth anything?

In future when other extensions become available will the .ws become worthless?

Your responses will be appreciated

Thanks

Mubeen

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You won't get royalties for any domain, unless you make some kind of deal with the buyer to make payments over a period of time. The only money you get from any domain you sell is what you sold it for.

•••
Okay let say I own "smiley face" for example..And you use it ..Do I get royalties or is like a domain ..Free to use within reason

Not stupid just inexperienced..

emoji domain is just an IDN, i.e. in reality it is xn--*****.com (.ws)

You either have to type in that xn thing, or copy paste the emojidottld into address bar or click on the link with it. So not different from any other domain, except the others are "what you see is what it is" and with emoji ones "you see great stuff, but behind it there is a crap"...

•••
.ws is a ccTLD (country-code top level domain) and a TLD much like a thumb is also a finger...

.com is a TLD and a gTLD (generic top level domain) along with .info/.net/.org/.horse etc etc

TLD = top level domain which is a part of a FQDN "fully qualified domain name" which includes an SLD a "dot' and a TLD, in that order. The TLD can be either a ccTLD or a gTLD

hope that helps
Spin it how you want, here is Australia we have .com.au and .net.au ..... the .com.au is the Tld but it is a cctld regardless. I think we all have a perception of the true difference between a cctld and a tld. Icann do not allow the Tld's they control to have this idn format at the moment, that is the real story. Hard enough to sell a .ws let alone telling someone you just gotta type in this combo of letters and numbers if their browser does not offer emoji support. However the rise of the Emoji has been significant, I read these threads for some fun and do know of one gent who has a few quality single character emojis, he agrees it is a risk considering the extension, but that is the life of an emoji investor at the moment.

•••
You won't get royalties for any domain, unless you make some kind of deal with the buyer to make payments over a period of time. The only money you get from any domain you sell is what you sold it for.
Sorry should have phrased that part better..Royalties like a logo (Playboy/Nike/etc)...
But my question have been answered..Thanks everyone for your patience

•••
•••
•••
That symbol is a good one! Who you gonna sell it to, how much for it also!

•••
☊.....If a reference direction from one side of the plane of reference to the other is defined, the two nodes can be distinguished. For geocentric and heliocentric orbits, the ascending node (or north node) is where the orbiting object moves north through the plane of reference, and the descending node (or south node) is where it moves south through the plane
:xf.grin: lol , If i will sell it to police then is handcuffs otherwise this is headphone :cigar:

•••
•••
$1200 if they know $999 if they don"t know what it means! But it's the buyer, you know that!

•••
I just e-mailed apple & microsoft about today
☁surf.ws

•••
$1200 if they know $999 if they don"t know what it means! But it's the buyer, you know that!

Is this headphone or what, i only know those are rare so i bought it .

Last edited:
•••
To answer the OP, you can purchase "symbols" in dotcom. I will post some examples later in here for you.

•••
•••
Interesting to read the comments here. Lot's of misinformation. I will try to break it down, then you can come to your own conclusions. For the record, I own (car).ws.

-Emoji URLs are a security nightmare. Pictures (emojis) could be easily spoofed/hacked, hence the reason Godaddy isn't already selling emoji's in .com, etc. They are TRYING hard to push ICANN to change their stance (see below), but it's going to be awhile, boys and girls.

- The reason Godaddy is not selling these emoji IDN's is because ICANN controls it. ICANN is unlikely to approve emoji URLs until they are 100% sure they can mitigate the risks. WHICH ARE VERY REAL.

- THE ONLY REASON Website.ws can sell emoji URLs is because dot ws is not regulated by ICANN. Same with .LA. One of the only 2 registrars that can say that.

- SO .ws will be it for awhile. I've been at this since 1996. It took almost 15 years to get the dot whatever TLD's. My guess it won't take 15 years to get the emoji's in dot com, net, but it will be awhile. In Internet years it will be long enough. Voice is going to be how we do things in the future and hand movements (squiggly lines made by your finger).

- Emoji's sole purpose for (businesses) will be to market something. SO they do have value for the right business. Only buy 1 characters and in some cases 2 if you can get them. I bought (car).ws. soon after Coca Cola bought ❤️.ws (which they still own) because Car dealers might want to use it for the millennials. Personally I had forgotten I had it until someone just emailed me today to make an offer on it. $250. I turned it down flat. This is a wait and see game. The interesting thing though is interest is rising, and the only game in town (that really works) is dot ws.

That's it!

Good luck, hope the info helps you as an investor or buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Emojis are a customer driven proposition: consumers want to use them every day! Should follow suit that their use in domain names is next!

•••
Emoji domains ? If rare? Can anyone say "Chinese premiums" all over again ?

Tell China you have a domain scheme that's more rare than 2L 2n or 3L 3N.

And let the money roll in!

In the beginning of internet such domains you couldn't give away. Then few years back and still they skyrocketed when China came into the picture with their "domain math". Lol good luck to all holders.

Also along the same thought process of "buy short domains as the future will be mobile with tiny keyboards ! So short domains will be king!" We live in a world running at high speed. Who has time to type a word when you can just click an emoji in your mobile? Be

So if you believed 2L 2n and 3L 3N
Have value then surely you believe Emoji domains will have value.

Just ask what the target is for emoji domains? Lazy lazy hipster millennials with their Chai soy organic non gluten free trade coffee bean decaf lattes loving the latest cool bs. All it would take is one popstar or brand to buy an emoji domain for million and game over.

Emojis cater to the fast paced internet and lazy people.

Looks like a great end-user base.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I bought 8, sold 4, and have a single ↗️

•••
If you watched Vice news last night Page Howe one of the top domainers was interviewed about his buying of emoji domains. Sooooo I expect a rush soon now that it is gaining some newd

•••
Thanks for leading the way, Page! Interest has really picked up the past couple of months on my bag of .ws emoji domains. Just this week I turned down a nice four figure offer on a single and had an offer on an "I (heart)" domain in the upper three figures.

•••
I threw up a temp. website on 4 diamond rings plus .ws that will take you here http://xn--sr8haaa.ws/. Accessed the site beautifully with my phone.
1f48d
1f48d
1f48d
1f48d
.ws,
upload_2017-12-13_6-0-18.png
<----probably won't show here in the forum, but I pasted 4 diamond rings and the extension .ws.

•••
Emoji domains have certainly started to create a buzz now. IMO one should definitely hold on to single character .ws emojis (including country flags too which are good). Please check the recent sales of emoji domains here
https://namebio.com/?s==gTN4YjMwYTM
It is obvious that from Nov 2017 sales have soared up.
At present I have 6 emoji domains (including 2 country flag, 1 single character) and I am planning to hold them for another year.

•••
I have about 150, sold all of my singles. I'm not holding anything, selling them all. Mostly 2 character i.e., flame + slot machine, takeout box + delivery truck, medical staff + herb, double joker, double drink cup, double sandwich, satellite + radio & many red hearts + another.

I'm concentrating on building a couple of sites now, which I think will be huge. theFISAmemo.com and FISAmemorandum.com. The news cycle will probably never end on this one. Hoping, anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Would you please let me know on which emojis you are planning to develop websites and in which niche? I too have couple of emoji domains on which I am planning to develop websites. Your input may be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back