IT.COM

GoDaddy's still trying to "F" me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another day, another GoDaddy email about my auto-renewal:
"You're trying to auto-renew products using an invalid payment method — don't worry, happens all the time. Just fix it ASAP so you don't lose anything!"

Thing is, I have 3 methods of payment for auto-renewal and ALL are current, and have been since Day 1.

Sent numerous emails to GoDaddy. Their response: Don't worry about it.

Yeah, don't worry until my names expire because GoDaddy can't fix a payment method.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are trying to “F” everyone.

•••
It can be the card issuer rejecting multiple calls on your card.

Why not just go into your account and directly renew a few. The card issuer then tends to accept them as a repeat/authorised merchant. Don't forget there has been a clamp down on all card transactions, where card issuer chooses hold payment where holder isn't present at transaction point. Even when it's a card used before. Their criteria has just been stepped-up. One or two new direct payments see's them back on the good list

Last edited:
•••
Just spoke with a GoDaddy rep; no, the fault is not with my credit cards, it's with GoDaddy.

Rep said they've been trying to fix this problem for YEARS. But at this point, still no solution.

At least they've admitted it was their problem.

•••
Sorry to hear this. We'll send you a DM for more information.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back