IT.COM

GoDaddy - Your cart is empty.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pinkdragon

Established Member
Impact
Guys, any tips to solve this problem?

I'm buying domains from GoDaddy Closeouts with no problem, but today I won a domain in auction. Received the winning bid email, with a link to purchase the name. I can see the name on the GoDaddy page, but when I click "Pay for this domain", I'm always redirected to a page where I always see this "Your cart is empty" message.

Cleaned the cache and cookies on Opera and Chrome, that didn't solved the problem.

Wasted 1 hour with online support for nothing. They claim my account is suspended because I haven't paid for another expired domain, diad(.)com. They are asking me to pay a $50 fee in order to restore my account :) The big problem here is I was not involved in that auction, simply because I don't have money for such domains. And how was my account suspended? I have never received an email from GoDaddy with such a warning. My account is suspended, I can bid in auctions, but I can't pay?

Thanks.

@James Iles @Paul Nicks @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow that's some serious wild west from gd... like 2000 things done wrong in just 5 sentences... I'm completely amazed how they managed to keep so many clients and profits... with the worst prices...ui... and support anywhere.

•••

I'm buying domains from GoDaddy Closeouts with no problem, but today I won a domain in auction. Received the winning bid email, with a link to purchase the name. I can see the name on the GoDaddy page, but when I click "Pay for this domain", I'm always redirected to a page where I always see this "Your cart is empty" message.

Cleaned the cache and cookies on Opera and Chrome, that didn't solved the problem.

Wasted 1 hour with online support for nothing. They claim my account is suspended because I haven't paid for another expired domain, diad(.)com. They are asking me to pay a $50 fee in order to restore my account :) The big problem here is I was not involved in that auction, simply because I don't have money for such domains. And how was my account suspended? I have never received an email from GoDaddy with such a warning. My account is suspended, I can bid in auctions, but I can't pay?

Thanks.

I had the same problem, just use the Godaddy Investor app to pay.

•••

Thanks.

Hi @pinkdragon, we're sorry to hear about your problems paying for a domain. We'd recommend reaching out directly to [email protected] to help you resolve both the payment and the account suspension questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back