IT.COM

GoDaddy vs. Namecheap: Vote, vote, vote!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who's Better?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • GoDaddy

votes
    48.9%
  • Namecheap

votes
    51.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
In your opinion, who's better - Namecheap or GoDaddy?

I prefer Namecheap by a long shot. It's startling to me that GoDaddy is such a landslide leader. 0.5 billion revenue in 2008 - that's pretty hefty. :$: :$: :$:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't stand GoDaddy's website/UI.

•••
Well, I think Namecheap is good as I see a whole lot of ads while using godaddy and i really don't like it. :(

- Digital -

•••
name cheap better. That's good reason to start.

•••
namecheap, I only use goddady for .info's

•••
It is obvious why GoDaddy's profit is so huge. Their marketing campaigns are everywhere! Their prices are high, ads flooded everywhere, oh god...

•••
•••
20% coupons and prices (only for domains!). Godaddy.

Regards

•••
Prices are better on GoDaddy (.com reg/renew @ $7.69) but you have to keep hunting for coupons. However, the UI is bad and is getting worse.
For now, I use GoDaddy for domains because the lower prices.

Regards

•••
I can't stand GoDaddy's website/UI.

Yes, and soo slow! I have an 8mb connection but that much content from the other side of the world just takes forever!
However, I also don't use NameCheap for any business domains as it simply looks Cheap :)

•••
NameCheap is great for its easy control panel and cheap ssl certificate ;)

•••
Voted for NameCheap.
Godaddy Interface is just too slow and stupid

•••
NAMECHEAP !
Easy to use and faster loading.....

•••
wow tekime

that margin is huge, i too prefer it over names cheap godaddy.. for lots of reasons.
especially the fastness and user friendliness!

•••
I like Godaddy better haven't had any problems with them.

•••
who,s the best domain name registar?

Well, I think Namecheap is good as I see a whole lot of ads while using godaddy and i really don't like it. :(

- Digital -

Yes you ryt, name cheap is better because the godaddy always use some space to their ads into domain names for parking their ads :D

:hehe:

•••
We use them both about equally, all based on clients preferences.

•••
Namecheap without doubt. I first started on GoDaddy, switched to NameCheap.

Like said in this thread, GoDaddy's site just looks awfull. Next to that they only accept paypal if you have a creditcard now, while NameCheap still accepts PayPal fully.

•••
Godaddy is best at their rates. i'll always prefer godaddy only :):wave:

•••
•••
I only use godaddy cause EVERYONE, (and their pet dog) are familiar with them, and usually have an account there, so its good for pushing domains. I personally prefer namecheap, and may have to seriously consider expanding my domains with them given the results on this thread, and elsewhere. The godaddy interface is an example of crass commercialization at its best (or worst).

•••
I hate godaddy's menus but I still use them because .info starts at just 1$ and 20cent :)
I like that so I use them :)

•••
NameCheap saves time

I've used Godaddy for many years and stayed with them because of their prices. But as the amount of domains that we manage has increased over the years, the time it takes to manage them has gotten out of control. So a couple years back I started using NameCheap a little to give them a try. The amount of time we save in managing domains with their minimalist interface and lack of constant upsells and ads is amazing to say the least. We began moving all of our domains to them last year and are getting close to only having about a dozen domains left with GoDaddy. So far it has been a great move. We have had the occasional application failure with NameCheap over the last two years, but it has never been a real deterrent.

•••
•••
i voted for godaddy....hodaddy always knows best and he pimps me out with nice service and prices. My acct did get hacked once, but all my names were in good order ;) lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back