NameSilo

GoDaddy Transfers for newbies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AdsenseGuy

Account Closed
Impact
Recently I have run into people that buys domains from me that are regged at Godaddy but they do not know the transfer process. Please let me make this as simple as possible.

1. You buy a domain off someone that is Registered at Godaddy
2. The seller will need some information from you to initiate transfer.

Supply the seller with the following:

First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address
City:
Zip/Postal Code:
Telephone Number:
Valid Email Address:

3. The seller will now initiate a transfer of the domain into your Godaddy Account. If you dont already have one got to Make Account Fill out the form and Now you will have a Godaddy account.

4. Once the transfer has been initiated you will receive an email from Godaddy indicating you need to activate this transfer.

4a. First sign into your Godaddy account.

4b. Once logged in, click on the Accept Account Change link from
the main Account Manager list, or from the Domain Names dropdown.

4c. Now look in the email you received from Godaddy you will see the transaction codes.

Transaction ID: 23XXXX
Security Code: CDYG4XXXXX

4d. ENTER THESE CODES / Click Ok Then follow the process thru godaddy just like you would if your registering a new domain.

5 The domain should now start to reslve to your account, It will show up in your account list usually within a few minutes.

Please read the instructions in the email that godaddy sends you because its very annoying when a buyer keeps emailing you after you have initiated 4 transfers. If you do not follow the above instructions the domain will never show up in your account and after 30 days the original owner will have it placed back into his account. Please Read all instructions in a transfer before you contact the seller/sender.

I hope this info helps some people.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for that very informative post! Just ran into that problem last week after I sold a name and needed to transfer.

•••
Heh Heh ....

Some problems with a Push Ads .... ? :'(

My Problem is usually the other way - Bought a few that were reg'd there and People weren't even Aware that there was a "Push" Option - Demanded a refund a While back - Because a seller was too Silly to even try it !!! - Wanted me to Request a Transfer from my Favorite Reg :yell: - The Domain Still had 10 Months on it there ~~~~

•••
it is very annoying, i stilll remember my first time.

•••
That will be my next tutorial All4cost How to push a name via Godaddy

•••
that will come in use for me XD since im a newb at domain things and all :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back