NameSilo

GoDaddy "This transfer has already been accepted" error

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nerevar

Top Member
Impact
I am trying to transfer a domain from Dotster (the seller has it there) to Godaddy - I have done numerous transfers without problems. So I am typing the transaction ID and the security code, but I get a message in red, just below the transaction ID: "This transfer has already been accepted." From there, the system does not allow me to proceed to the screen where I would have to type the authorization code, I have not typed it yet. The status of the transfer shows "authorization code needed".

Anyone has an idea how to deal with this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see the exact same problem right now (yesterday I had a smooth and fast transfer from the same registrar to GoDaddy, and today I see "This transfer has already been accepted" nonsense (I've never had a chance to enter the authorization code!). Since you have seen the error a month ago, what was the story after that? Hopefully, everything settled by itself ;)

•••
Go to the transfer page. Click the authorize transfer or add authorization code link. This is red and next to your domain. That should bypass the step to add godaddy ID and go right to auth code step.

•••
Since you have seen the error a month ago, what was the story after that? Hopefully, everything settled by itself ;)

I had to cancel the transfer and moved the domain to NameSilo instead.

•••
Sorry to hear that. In my case, after waiting for 2 hours, the codes were suddenly accepted without problem... GoDaddy is full of surprises...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back