NameSilo

question GoDaddy sent me $19.90. What does it mean?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anhnguyenict

Established Member
Impact
Dear all,

Today, I received $19.90 from Godaddy over my paypal. I don't know why Godaddy sent money.

I checked payment of my godaddy account, no have anything related $19.90.

Subject:
GoDaddy.com, LLC has just sent you $19.90 USD with PayPal
Custom Note:
Payment for $19.90 to vendor 1667093 from Go Daddy. PaymentID = 5556955.
Payment type:Instant

Do anyone know ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Special Notice.

I contacted Godaddy regarding this issue and I have been told to collect all payments sent to the users. I will PM my paypal email to all.. :xf.wink::P
ROFLMAO

•••
I am sure that it's not from afternic (as they have minimum $25 threshold for payout)

I guess the following possibilities..

1) Refund for any domain/previous order (which is unsuccessful)
2) Parking revenue from godaddy cash parking
3) Income for your old efforts of affiliate marketing (you might have forgotten your efforts for affiliate links promotion)
4) Mis Payment (probably they typed wrong email id)

Afternic? who mentioned them?

Godaddy used to have a program running affiliate or whatever...we all got the emails!

Anyway they cancelled it in the summer - and told us all whatever was in the account will get sent...

•••
Same thing happened with me - two payments and can not understand for what?

•••
GD reached into it's ashtray to throw me a few pennies, but mine was in the form of a GD "credit."

•••
@David Walker

thanks for the explanation in the other thread reg. these payments, that finally made perfect sense to me.. the more new .com's etc. someone has registered in that period of erronous ICANN fees the higher the correction payout from Godaddy to him.. thats why some only got pennies, while others such as the thread opener and me got high amounts of 12-19 usd as we both might have registered a lot more new .com's..

anyway, can sleep better now knowing it was not a Paypal glitch from Godaddy and they won't demand the amounts back :lookaround:

•••
@David Walker

thanks for the explanation in the other thread reg. these payments, that finally made perfect sense to me.. the more new .com's etc. someone has registered in that period of erronous ICANN fees the higher the correction payout from Godaddy to him.. thats why some only got pennies, while others such as the thread opener and me got high amounts of 12-19 usd as we both might have registered a lot more new .com's..

anyway, can sleep better now knowing it was not a Paypal glitch from Godaddy and they won't demand the amounts back :lookaround:

I'm away using coupon to reg & transfer my domain.

I only using paypal to get $12 (1 year hosting + 1 domain). total $36.

•••
•••
I got $3.94
Godaddy love us :D

•••
I think I may know what is happening lol. The other day I registered a domain for 1.70 and they charged my CC 7 times. So far they returned a 1.70 to my CC but the rest is still to come and to be honest I did not contact them about this problem.

So maybe that is my monwy???? ..:)

•••
If we pay GD using credit card. do we will get the money too ?
and who got the biggest money ?

•••
Well good thing is that you get money back instead of being asked to pay.
Be happy and who knows maybe godaddy one day will pay you to use they'r services :)

•••
If we pay GD using credit card. do we will get the money too ?
and who got the biggest money ?
I also using CC. However, no money is sent from GD

•••
it is direct affiliate comission. GoDaddy shut it down months ago and pay the balance now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back