IT.COM

sales GoDaddy sales report for June, along with Sedo sales for the week

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
GoDaddy has released its first domain sales report in recent months, covering domain sales that took place on its platforms in June 2020. Several six figure sales are included! More info.

Meanwhile, Sedo released its weekly report of domain sales, that includes the sale of Confirm.com for six figures. More details here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any reason why the co.uk sold for more than the .com? Impressive.......

vaninsurance .co.uk $106,769
vaninsurance .com $100,000

•••

I'm guessing it was a bundle deal involving currency conversions.

•••
Thanks for sharing! Finally we see at least the Top 20 sales from Godaddy/Afternic in a month.

•••
Keep in mind that the GoDaddy report is selective and represents sales from June. That's the way GoDaddy provided this data.

The same for Sedo: many domain sales are not disclosed due to NDA agreements.

•••

They discussed this one on Domain Sherpa a few weeks back. Apparently "Van Insurance" is a very popular term (search and usage) in the UK. Blew my mind as well

http://www.domainsherpa.com/20200914/

•••
What blows my mind is that GoDaddy hasn't been sharing such domain sales data for the past 5 years. It's definitely great seeing a change. The more sales data, the merrier.

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing! Finally we see at least the Top 20 sales from Godaddy/Afternic in a month.

Finally have Godaddy share sales across all!

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
Can someone explain why FiveNines so valuable? It sold for about $35,000 in 2019 and now again for even more.
Bob

•••
Can someone explain why FiveNines so valuable? It sold for about $35,000 in 2019 and now again for even more.
Bob

Five nines = 99.999 (ultimate uptime percentage for hosting companies.)

•••
Bob

It looks that it's their company name "Five Nines Technology Group".
And although their name was "Five Nines Technology Group" they were using the domain GoNines (dot com).
So it looks they have upgraded from GoNines to FiveNines, finally matching the name of their company with their domain name.

Last edited:
•••
It looks that it's their company name "Five Nines Technology Group".
And although their name was "Five Nines Technology Group" they were using the domain GoNines (dot com).
So it looks they have upgraded from GoNines to FiveNines, finally matching the name of their company with their domain name.

There was a thread on this one a year and a half ago.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/longest-running-drop-auction-five-nines.1126088/page-2

Final answer, gonines.com since they own fivenines.net which redirects to that page. They're called Five Nines Technology Group, they have that kind of money.

Guess it was figured it out back then.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, but then, one year ago, it wasn't gonines who bought the domain at Dropcatch, right?
I mean, if they are who bought the domain now for $100k.

Not sure, didn't keep up with it. But looks like who I thought it could be, finally have it.

•••
Not sure, didn't keep up with it. But looks like who I thought it could be, finally have it.
One year later, it seems that the domain has ended where you thought, right.
I mean, after the Dropcatch auction one year ago, the domain was parked at Afternic.
Then now it has been sold for $100k at Afternic and right now redirecting from gonines (dotcom) to FiveNines (dotcom).

Last edited:
•••
GODADDY is a great registrar,
What I like most is that they buy a lot of domain names themselves,
Will also do long-term domain name investment work,
This is something that all Chinese registrars cannot compare,
No registrar in China has done so

•••

And I am guessing it's because the term van is used (and originating) in the UK and .co uk makes more sense on the Isles. Most companies still buy .com but mainly to secure it.

•••
And I am guessing it's because the term van is used (and originating) in the UK and .co uk makes more sense on the Isles. Most companies still buy .com but mainly to secure it.
I live in the UK and it is preferred over say truck or any other variant....the owner of the developed. Com is based in the UK

Last time I checked the co.uk was not resolving.....

Last edited:
•••
•••
I live in the UK and it is preferred over say truck or any other variant....the owner of the developed. Com is based in the UK

Last time I checked the co.uk was not resolving.....
Thanks for heads up. Their choice, I guess. Perhaps because they acquired .co.uk later or because their printed materials already quote .com? Overall, though (as you know) .co.uk is king there.

•••
Thanks for heads up. Their choice, I guess. Perhaps because they acquired .co.uk later or because their printed materials already quote .com? Overall, though (as you know) .co.uk is king there.
They where bought on the same day...

They wouldn't of been using any promotional material featuring the .com or co.uk before acquiring the domain/s

I think also the .com had a small backlink profile that was quite decent so maybe that had factor from a development perspective or maybe not

•••
They where bought on the same day...

They wouldn't of been using any promotional material featuring the .com or co.uk before acquiring the domain/s

I think also the .com had a small backlink profile that was quite decent so maybe that had factor from a development perspective or maybe not
I see. Perhaps we'll never know the details. An interesting case study, though. Thanks again.

•••
Where do you get this report from? Is it online or do you need to request it through GD Auctions?

•••
•••
Back