Dynadot

GoDaddy Pushes Changed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Delete

Account Suspended
Impact
I recently just registered a domain at godaddy and tried to push it to another account. It says that I cant! Has godaddy changed thier policy and make you wait 60 days before you can transfer within godaddy? Any input would sure help because I sold the domain and I do not want to give up my godaddy account for the reason that it still hols my credit card info so that the user can set it on auto renew and my card will get billed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Could you ever push at GoDaddy?

You can do immediate free transfers (cumbersome) but not pushes as far as I know.

ST

•••
Yup, you need the new owners complete contact info to start the transfer of ownership.

•••
•••
Can someone please enlighten me what is the difference between a push and a transfer of ownership?? Does "pushing" means the transfer of a domain name outside of its registrar??? Because I have never encountered problems with the transfer of ownership of domain names with godaddy.com. Thanks! ^^

•••
Pushing 'is inside',
Transfering 'is to outside'.

•••
At GD you can't push even to another GD account. The 60 day post-reg I am not familiar with. Have transfered many GD names to new owners. Hasn't ever been a problem, just takes a bit more correspondance between seller and buyer that's all.

There are lots of us that have great names regged at GD and there need not be a worry about transfering names to new owners IMHO.

ST

•••
The 60-day rule applies only for domain transfers to other registrars. For example, you can't transfer a domain name from Go Daddy to Register.com if the domain name has been registered for only 60 days or less.

Beats me as to why the ruling. Registrars say it's to prevent fraud.

More like to prevent losing customers prematurely, to me. ;)

Never did an ownership transfer w/in Go Daddy, so far, so can't help you guys there.

•••
Originally posted by davezan
The 60-day rule applies only for domain transfers to other registrars. For example, you can't transfer a domain name from Go Daddy to Register.com if the domain name has been registered for only 60 days or less.

Beats me as to why the ruling. Registrars say it's to prevent fraud.

More like to prevent losing customers prematurely, to me. ;)

Never did an ownership transfer w/in Go Daddy, so far, so can't help you guys there.

that is true for all registrars its an icann rule but some registers also make it a rule for just reg pushes between accounts. I am not sure if godaddy enforces it except from what i hear i havent found proof on the site yet.

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
... some registers also make it a rule for just reg pushes between accounts. I am not sure if godaddy enforces it except from what i hear i havent found proof on the site yet.
They don't enforce it, as I've had someone (you know who you are! :) ) reg names for me at G.D. and then shortly after that push them into my own G.D. account.

•••
cool i guess they dont as I never registered from them but have received from other people.

•••
Thanks Coastalguy!
I have had no problems transferring domain names registered with GoDaddy.com to someone else, even immediately after the domain is registered!

•••
Wow this is weird because I still cant seem to push the domain. I a sent in a support ticket but no response yet. I will keep you guys updated however one of my other domains just registered pushed just fine. So i think its a godaddy problem.

•••
Originally posted by Delete
Wow this is weird because I still cant seem to push the domain. I a sent in a support ticket but no response yet. I will keep you guys updated however one of my other domains just registered pushed just fine. So i think its a godaddy problem.

Dont bother waiting on answer from their support dept.
Push at GoDaddy (meaning transferring domain name to another GoDaddy account) is done this way:

1. choose the domain after login
2. click on the "Change registrant" (top menu)
3. click on "Initiate new change" option
4. follow the instructions (write new registrants data, be careful about his email address! - should be active one)
5. end.

Then the person who will be new registrant should get the e-mail with "transfer code". He/she should:
1. click on the link in the e-mail
2. login to his/her account at GoDaddy
3. click on "Complete existing change of registrant" option (or something like that) after login
4. insert "transfer code" when asked and follow instructions
5. end (domain should be at his/her account in few minutes)

Thats the whole story.

This was ok 1 month ago. I dont know if it is still done this way (i suppose it is) due to some changes in GoDaddy interface.

It is not too complicated. :D

•••
No it aint.

Now, click on Manage Domains, Check the domain u want to adjust.

Then click, "Change Account". Then, on the right, it has a "New registrant" section.
Basically, fill out the generic info, made up is fine, BUT, make sure the email is RIGHT for the buyer you want to give to. Then click "Change" or "Update"

And voila.....hehe ;)

good luck folks
btw...just figured this out 5 mins ago after 15 mins of bewilderment ;)

•••
That is not a "push" as per other registrars...ie: NameCheap, eNom. The end result is the same though.

SY4: email correctness is the key. The rest can be changed by the new owner. WHY does it have to be done this way is beyond me. Hey GODADDY...wake up!!!

ST

•••
Thanks guys I got it now. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Must be the new gui. I noticed that you can use the old gui also which I prefer to use.

•••
Originally posted by Delete
Thanks guys I got it now. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Must be the new gui. I noticed that you can use the old gui also which I prefer to use.

very insighful explainations. good directions for me too. thanks allB-)

•••
Godaddy is not using a 60 day policy, but I did have this problem rcieving a domain that I bought. It was registered with searchen.com which is a godaddy reseller. It was a really frustrating process, since I had never experienced this before. It took me almost 2 weeks and like 30 e-mails to get them to finally tell me that was their policy.

•••
Am glad 2C I'm not the only one feeling frustrated at times w/ GoDaddy- particularly when trying to glean specific info covering a particular problem or need. Have recently sent them two very detailed emails asking specific questions. Even stated that others at a domain name forum would also be interested in answers to these questions and that i would pass info along.
(Cheesey to use leverege like this to get answers, but was being truthful and shouldn't have to resort to this kind of technique in first place.)
The first reply was an ad! related to my inquiry:| The second was an auto-response w/ general info on subject. :| :|

Hey GODADDY...wake up!!!
:zzz:
I second that CoastalGuy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back