Dynadot

GoDaddy Push problems with China

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I wonder if anyone else has had difficulties when trying to push a Godaddy domain to a buyer in China. The emails that must be received from Godaddy and responded to are apparently not getting through. And the email from Godaddy was the wrong one, too. I don’t know if it’s a problem with the buyer’s email, or what. Perhaps the one he received was delayed until after I'd re-sent it, which invalidates the first. So confusing.

Godaddy told me they have an additional first step, due to ICANN regs: first both parties have to agree to a change of contact information; only after both parties have answered that do emails go out to both sides, to agree to the change of account.

Only after a 2nd resending did he receive the 1st email, which is supposed to provide a Transaction ID and a Security Code, which you take and type into your Godaddy account, to accept a change of account for a domain. He didn’t receive those; the clickable button in his email gave an “invalid” message instead.

Tomorrow I suppose I’ll cancel all this and start over.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back