IT.COM

GoDaddy Push GD to GD step by step

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
You may push a domain GoDaddy to GoDaddy even during the 60 day period of initial registration, basically, anytime.

The process has changed a bit, and when we did it yesterday, it threw even me off a bit on where exactly to find everything and what to do.

First of course at the sender's end he needs to input the below outlined information, and this is assuming the typical GoDaddy push where the WhoIs information will be changed, and in my case changed to something other than my GoDaddy primary account information.

The sender needs to go to his list of Domains in his account, then click on the domain to be transferred, and will arrive at the Domain Settings page, then scroll down to the Additional Settings section,

k79UqOQl.jpg

and click to Transfer domain to another Goddady Account, and sender will arrive at this page to begin the transfer push process:

dT9UXGyl.jpg

The advantage also to checking the "Enter new details" for the domain's contact information is that then you the recipient will not need to give the sender your GoDaddy customer #, only the primary email associated with your GD account:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

Anyway the RECIPENT will need to give the sender the following info to enter into this section to effect the transfer:

GoDaddy Associated (Email Address)
(This is the main email associated with your GoDaddy account)

Info you wish to have on the WHOIS for the incoming domain (The sender will "Enter New Details" as below on the transfer push request):
First Name/ Last Name

Organization:

Address

City State

Postal Zip

Country

Phone Number

The way this process works, your main email associated with your GD account will become the WhoIs email for the incoming domain, but you may change this later.

After the sender inputs this information, an email will be sent to BOTH parties authorizing the domain name change, with the subject "Please approve your contact info update." This will come to the WhoIs registered email for the domain (sender) and to recipient's GD main email:

XRFeEsZl.jpg

Be sure to check both spam and bulk folders for this email, and for all GD emails! In my case I had to login to online WEBmail to see the emails, which were in a bulk folder - they did not make it to my MSFT Outlook

After BOTH sender and recipient click to approve the contact info update, recipient will receive this email with the needed Transaction ID and Security Code:

BIr5MCel.jpg

Recipient then needs to login to his account, go to Visit My Account / My Products / Domains / Manage All / Pending Account Changes. You will see this page:

mKLRm7el.jpg

and will need to click on the link that says "Accept Emailed Changes." You will NOT, at any point in this process see the new domain pending entry into you account. This is what threw me off, so just be aware that the GD system no longer shows a domain as pending entry until after you have entered the codes in, and even then it might not show you anything pending, rather, just it will bring the domain into your account.

This is what you will see after you click the link that says "Accept Email Changes":

NIrJPsDl.jpg

and then after entry of the codes, you will receive an email acknowledging that the domain has been transferred.

Jt7JyzHl.jpg

and you should receive one of these too at some point:

DYLAAqnl.jpg

At that point, you may need to change WhoIs info, such as especially the email address since in my case my primary GD account email address is definitely not the one I want to show to the world as the WhoIs email for my domains, and so you'll need to go into Domains / All Domains
click on the domain in question, and click to Edit contact info, which will bring on the following series of emails again, with the "Please approve your contact info update" sent to both old and new emails:

xbGA5ZAl.jpg

DYLAAqnl.jpg

and then as well, you might need to change the DNS (nameservers) for the new domain at Domains / All Domains
click on the domain in question, and click to Manage DNS towards the bottom and enter your Custom Nameservers and then eventually you will receive this email confirming that you have initiated the DNS change:

MFi2Lgpl.jpg

So that's about it. The process. Just be mindful, again, that these emails might arrive into bulk / spam folders, and also that YOU the recipient must input the codes via the "Accept Emailed Changes" link in your GD account and do so generically, you may not find any mention by name of this incoming domain in your account, until AFTER it is transferred.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello all. Please note that using the above procedure it is NOT necessary for buyer to supply seller with his GoDaddy account # or username to receive a GD to GD push.

Which with all the scamming going on these days, I think it best to never give these out.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back