Dynadot

GoDaddy no longer letting people contact you through Whois?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kostas

Established Member
Impact
In the past, you were able to search godaddy whois and choose to send a private message to the domain owner.

Right now, if you search for any godaddy registered name on their whois page which they also call "find a names owner", they redirect you to the regular domain search, where they will offer you their $99 broker service without giving you the option to contact the owner.
https://www.godaddy.com/whois
upload_2021-10-5_23-52-17.png

I'm I missing something? Have they moved their actual whois to a different page?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Haven't had a reply through this in years anyway. I'm sure if you use any keywords related to buying the domain they're just going to filter it and encourage you to use the domain buy service.

•••
Haven't had a reply through this in years anyway. I'm sure if you use any keywords related to buying the domain they're just going to filter it and encourage you to use the domain buy service.

GoDaddy is making it harder and harder to find. ICANN clearly states: The registrar of the domain name related to the registrant you are trying to contact should provide a web form or other type of communication method for you to contact a registrant if their contact information is unavailable publicly.

•••
GoDaddy is making it harder and harder to find. ICANN clearly states: The registrar of the domain name related to the registrant you are trying to contact should provide a web form or other type of communication method for you to contact a registrant if their contact information is unavailable publicly.

GoDaddy domain brokerage could arguably be considered 'other type of communication'.

I'm definitely not defending them, I just think it's an inevitable outcome of their market domination.

•••
whois.godaddy.com is that form to contact the registrant. Hope that helps.

•••
Godaddy is not the same register we used to have domains like before

•••
GoDaddy has even stopped giving reward points to domain discount club members. Those points were used as in-store credit to register domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back