Dynadot

advice GoDaddy new transfer policy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just a heads up, Godaddy now has a new policy that restricts internal account changes for 10 days after a domain name has been transferred to Godaddy. I used to transfer domain names for my clients on a certain date and then immediately push them to their account, now you must wait 10 days before you can initiate the transfer to their account.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello

I think so Godaddy this release policy is old policy..

•••
•••
It's old policy. it is bad for us who trade a domain.

•••
There is no policy on domains not moving from account to account within GoDaddy. @canbrit Thanks for referencing the article. I had that article amended to remove any reference to a 5 day hold. There is a policy around moving domains out of GoDaddy to another registrar which I explained in more detail to Acro above. There is also a ten day hold on domains being moved out of GoDaddy to another registrar buy in almost all cases this is superseded by the 60 day policy thus in most cases your name is locked from transfer for 60 days from GoDaddy to another registrar. In your example of buying a name on the auction there would be a 60 day hold. This can be removed on a case by case basis as explained above, however there is no hold on moving the domain name to a different GoDaddy account.

That being said as I have said all along there are exceptions, especially regarding cctlds. There are other things that can prevent a name from moving to another account as I have previously stated. But there is no policy or rule in place to limit the movement of domains for a certain number of days.

Hi Joe,

I'm experiencing this issue yet again, I will PM you with the domains so that you can look into it.

•••
Hi Joe,

I'm experiencing this issue yet again, I will PM you with the domains so that you can look into it.
Thanks for reaching out, I just responded.

•••
If it is a true news then that is another challenge for domainers.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back