Dynadot

GoDaddy 2FA Permanent Loop Issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I seem to get this problem every 4-6 months, where I am presented with a 2FA request (nothing has changed - same system, same IP) after logging in, so I request the code, enter it, and everything seems fine. But the very next time I perform a task or log in on GD, I have to enter the 2FA code again, and again, and again and again and again and again. It never authorizes on the GD side.

Before calling support I try everything, multiple laptops/computers, multiple browsers, reboot the modem-router and get a new IP, use my phone + data, etc. and nothing changes.

Previously, I just called GD support and they sent my request up the line and it eventually got fixed a day or so later, but the last time I had this a tech guy on the phone who found that something on my account was "locked" and he fixed it immediately.

This time I have talked to 3 GD support people who tell me over and over that "everything works fine and your account is properly set up" and I'm kinda running into a brick wall here. I was told that a tech guy would call me "within 5 minutes" but that was 3+ hours ago.

I know they're all running from a script, but I have a series of previous "2FA Loop" support requests on record that were fixed that no one seems to find relevant.

Anyone experienced this "2FA Loop" issue before?

@James Iles

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I seem to get this problem every 4-6 months, where I am presented with a 2FA request (nothing has changed - same system, same IP) after logging in, so I request the code, enter it, and everything seems fine. But the very next time I perform a task or log in on GD, I have to enter the 2FA code again, and again, and again and again and again and again. It never authorizes on the GD side.

Before calling support I try everything, multiple laptops/computers, multiple browsers, reboot the modem-router and get a new IP, use my phone + data, etc. and nothing changes.

Previously, I just called GD support and they sent my request up the line and it eventually got fixed a day or so later, but the last time I had this a tech guy on the phone who found that something on my account was "locked" and he fixed it immediately.

This time I have talked to 3 GD support people who tell me over and over that "everything works fine and your account is properly set up" and I'm kinda running into a brick wall here. I was told that a tech guy would call me "within 5 minutes" but that was 3+ hours ago.

I know they're all running from a script, but I have a series of previous "2FA Loop" support requests on record that were fixed that no one seems to find relevant.

Anyone experienced this "2FA Loop" issue before?

@James Iles

Next time you expect to, or do, encounter this, could you do a screen record of the entire process and send it to [email protected]? I've never experienced this, so getting a video of this in action would help me to get it to the right people within GoDaddy to test and review.

Thanks!

•••
I can experience it all day and night, as I'm locked into a permanent loop where my GD account is not being authorized by the 2FA code entry, and each time I login or do anything security-related on GD, I am forced to request and enter another new key.

I estimate I have gone through 20-30 2FA code entries just this morning alone, and it is extremely irritating and time-consuming. It's the GoDaddy version of Groundhog Day.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back