NameSilo

GoDaddy is Cheapest .WS Registrar @ $9.99?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Call me crazy, but I have nothing against .WS domains and in fact have 2 fabulous ones. I plan to renew them for a while and maybe reg a couple more. Is GoDaddy the cheapest and most convenient way to go about that?

Sigh, Daddy never has sales on .WS unlike the pricing on COM/INFO/US which are falling as quickly as Mama would drop a hot baked potato.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there .info pricing isnt too bad right now either

•••
They have teh best .ws pricing

•••
GoDaddy has the best .ws that I've found. My question back to you is why you want a .ws to begin with?

•••
If you can get a reduced/discounted WWD/GD retail account you can get them for even less... about $8.70

Perhaps .ws Domains arnt the best for resale but they are fine for development.

Mike

•••
great prices, but i dont use godaddy beacuse i cant pay with paypal. Simple :)

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
GoDaddy has the best .ws that I've found. My question back to you is why you want a .ws to begin with?

Because firstly, of course, the other TLDs have been taken. So far I have only 2 .WS domains which were very selectively registered for development, not for resale. In any case, just for curiosity's sake, one of them has an Overture of 19476 and the other, 7700.

•••
Originally posted by drmaximus
Because firstly, of course, the other TLDs have been taken. So far I have only 2 .WS domains which were very selectively registered for development, not for resale. In any case, just for curiosity's sake, one of them has an Overture of 19476 and the other, 7700.

Yeah, they may get good search results, but I doubt most people will remember the extension when trying to get back to your developed site. That's the problem with .ws...

•••
Originally posted by Anthony
Yeah, they may get good search results, but I doubt most people will remember the extension when trying to get back to your developed site. That's the problem with .ws...

I forward those .WS domains to my related developed .COM sites! :bingo:

•••
Their .COM is not 6.95!!

•••
If they like what they see, they will bookmark your site, I dont type NamePros in everytime I visit.

My best keyword/term .ws scores over 3 million on Overture, BritneySpears.ws

Mike

•••
•••
Registering a .ws domain is useless. They have reserved all the premium domains!

•••
Originally posted by suthra
Registering a .ws domain is useless. They have reserved all the premium domains!

No they haven't you just have to look...

Becareful you cannot transfer your .ws from another registrar to Godaddy.

•••
Originally posted by DomainBlasters

Agreed, in fact I have two of those super-premium ones myself. Additionally, the OP concerns the pricing of regs/renewals of .WS and not the philosophy of the value of .WS domains. I believe that some people, like myself, reg .WS for personal use too?

•••
toecki.com has low price .ws

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
toecki.com has low price .ws

I went to TOEKI.com (I assume typo above) but although they offer .WS regs, the price list does not mention that. Such carelessness is not impressive at first sight. :(

http://www.toeki.cc/domain-pricing.html

•••
I wouldnt reg a .ws anywhere else besides GD or a WWD reseller such as www.RegisterMate.com :)

Mike

•••
Originally posted by drmaximus
Agreed, in fact I have two of those super-premium ones myself. Additionally, the OP concerns the pricing of regs/renewals of .WS and not the philosophy of the value of .WS domains. I believe that some people, like myself, reg .WS for personal use too?

Agreed :)

•••
.tv

They also have the cheapest, that i found, .TV domains at $34.95

•••
.WS IMO is absolutely pointless. Nobody has heard of it. they are good for nothing and WAY overrated :)

•••
Originally posted by DomainBlasters

Why is this not possible? Is that a .ws registry rule or a GoDaddy one?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back