IT.COM

advice Canceling Auto-renewal! Please Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a domain that was set to auto-renew, I unfortunately forgot to disable the auto-renewal on the domain name and now my Bank has already sent me an alert for Deduction of the funds! The name is registered on GoDaddy. Joe Styler is away till the end of July.

What can i do to prevent the funds from being Withdrawn from my Account?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they already took the money out of your bank, I think you would have to fight it. If its a small fee it might be easier to let it go. How much is it ?

•••
Edit: They have Taken the money from my Account!

Last edited:
•••
Your best bet is to contact GD customer service straight away, and let them know the auto renew being left on was an oversight, and ask if they'll refund the money for the renewal.

You'll likely have to forfeit the name, if they do grant the refund. Unsure what their specific policy is, but can't see why they wouldn't allow a refund, especially if you were going to drop the name.

GD Customer Service: 480.505.8877 or you can use their online instant chat feature.

...gl

•••
I believe, there is a window to claim amount(basically 3 days to 7 days from transaction date) that is Godaddy has to claim the amount within that time otherwise amount will be refunded. In the meanwhile, you can raise a dispute with the bank and cancel the transaction.

•••
Is your bank account overdrawn? I sense some extra panic.

I would not recommend disputing the charge, but just request a refund from Godaddy, but as others have said, you will need to forfeit the name.

I also had a surprise invoice for an auto-renewal this morning for a domain I thought I turned off (a/r) and was not so happy.

•••
I believe, there is a window to claim amount(basically 3 days to 7 days from transaction date) that is Godaddy has to claim the amount within that time otherwise amount will be refunded. In the meanwhile, you can raise a dispute with the bank and cancel the transaction.
I would not recommend to raise a dispute until and unless it's a huge amount

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back