Dynadot

GoDaddy email problem

NameSilo
Watch

Lightthrower

Established Member
Impact
I'm trying to create an email address for one of my domains on Godaddy and all I see are options to buy email service for like 6$ per month. Isn't email free when you buy a domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the email feature is part of the Mail records (I believe MX) and there are available when you have the hosting. If it is just registered through godaddy - then do not think they can provide you email at your domain account.

•••
no you need to pay for that.

•••
•••
If you have hosting, you can create one for free.

•••
I use their hosting and email is free.

•••
I'm trying to create an email address for one of my domains on Godaddy and all I see are options to buy email service for like 6$ per month.

check a godaddy reseller. some have $12/year email plans

•••
•••
Some companies like Namecheap (I think) offer a free email account when you buy a domain. But definitely not GoDaddy. If there's one thing GoDaddy is famous (or rather infamous) for, it's their constant up-sell. You get the domain for a cheap price, but even small things after that (like privacy) requires tons and tons of cash. You can either pay for the email facility or you can buy a hosting package (at GoDadday or some other provider) and then create you email accounts on that hosting package.

•••
Is it the wordpress hosting? If so, where's the option?

WordPress Hosting or any other hosting plan will suffice (most of them are just the plain old shared hosting anyways). With hosting you should get a control panel, most probably cPanel. Inside the control panel you should see the options to create Email Accounts (separate section) or play with the MX records (the DNS Zone Editor). Either ways just a domain account wouldn't do the trick without extra payment.

•••
Just order the Economy hosting for $12 for the first year to get like 100MB of email storage free.

•••
Hi, I use Godaddy for everything, despite many complaints people have with them I like them. You don't have to pay for an email account for your domain, if you have any kind of hosting with Godaddy you can set up free email accounts for your hosted domains, and even forward the new email addresses to your regular personal email account. It is extremely easy to set up.

If you need help with this, get in touch with me if you need to.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back