information GoDaddy buys payments processor Poynt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
GoDaddy buys payments processor Poynt for $320 million to boost ecommerce offerings. GoDaddy said, Poynt’s technology will let it offer businesses a “complete suite of commerce and payment services”; Poynt CEO Bedier will run a newly created commerce division. Poynt has raised $128 in VC funding. GoDaddy (NYSE:GDDY) saw it's shares up a little under 1.5%. … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
I guess there should be a M after the $128 ? :)

It was there let me check, thank you.

Oh it published the previous draft, Internet froze when publishing updated thank you Sutruk.

Last edited:
•••
I've never heard of them. Who do they compete against. I suppose GoDaddy will use them either for their own inhouse payments, or to replace PayPal, which seem particularly more and more difficult for both the registrars and us mere mortals to use. Funny. I always thought GoDaddy fought too and nail not to be considered a Payment Processor.

•••
From 128M to 320M is an ok exit, they could probably have asked a bit more from GD but they were probably fine with the sum.
But now they don't have something that special, for online payments there are hundreds of payment providers, in that style think of Stripe for example, what could make it stand out is probably apps and partner integrations. But that's something to monitor closely to avoid abuses, it's payments after all.
GD will profit from high transaction fees I would say, Not sure it's a good sign when a company goes in that many directions, maybe they should split GD at some point?
IMO

•••
GODADDY is getting richer and richer

•••
I think it’s a great idea. Why wouldn’t they start their own as opposed to just a good as good account? Surely they will not pass the costs to their clients per transaction as most companies do. I have a good bit of domains for banks, escrow banks, gold bank, coin bank, banks, financing etc and I have no clue what I’m doing. 😂

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back