IT.COM

GoDaddy Auctions Beta - A Hot Mess

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What a mess.

I just went there this morning and you get auto-forwarded to the Auctions Beta from the base link. The problem is that GD has migrated over nothing from non-beta Auctions and you lose all your configuration/saved searches and start from absolute scratch.

Just what I needed this morning - trying to recreate all my custom searches from memory.... >:(

Thankfully I was able to get back to the old Auctions from a saved link.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't get to my GoDaddy Auctions watchlist this morning. When I try to do so, I very briefly see it then am redirected to Beta Auctions home page.

•••
Hi @DomainRecap
As we shared here, we did roll out the new UI as default view for customers in 15 countries including USA, UK, and Canada.

To answer you regarding saved searches, you'll find previous saved searches under the "Searches" button, in the "Load Previous Search" drop down box.

Attachments

• gdauctions3.mp4
    1 MB
•••
That video isn't showing what you think it's showing and here's what I see when I hit the Search button - A FAILED message and a greyed-out drop-down on "Load Previous Search", which would be entirely useless if you have many Saved Searches:

1700577776440.png

Last edited:
•••
Pages such as Settings, Watching, Bidding, and Selling are currently still on the Legacy design experience. These will be transitioned to the new design in the future.

My, isn't that convenient - sometime "in the future". GD moves us over to a Beta that totally deletes all of our settings and we might get those back someday...

Now we all need to know a quick way of reverting to the "Legacy System" so we can get some auction searching done. I used an old link, but I don't trust that going forward and it would be a nightmare to be stuck in the unfeatured Beta.

•••
Thanks for reporting that @DomainRecap, we'll DM you for more information and get that error you're seeing resolved so that you can see your saved searches.

Last edited:
•••
I see that my old searches are now available on the Beta, but they don't see to work and are leaving out a lot of results.

I compared two CSV files from the Legacy and Beta systems, using the exact same searches, and they do not match up and by individually searching for auctions, the Legacy search seems to be correct.

This seems to relate to Default Sort Criteria and it hitting the "number of domains" limit of the export - the Legacy System sorts by Number of Bids by default (or Time Remaining, etc. depending on search) while the Beta doesn't seem to sort by anything I can see.

So when you Export on the Beta and run up against the "Number of Domains Downloaded" limit, your export will not include a lot of very popular expired listings. Once I manually sort, it seems to be consistent with the Legacy results.

So definitely look at the Beta's Default Sort Criteria, as it doesn't seem to be working in any logical manner. It's not sorting by Bids, Bid Amount, Time Left. etc. and it just seems random.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for reporting that @DomainRecap, we'll DM you for more information and get that error you're seeing resolved so that you can see your saved searches.

Thanks and I do have my Saved Searches back, but as I noted above the Default Sort Criteria seems off and it just randomly lists domains, rather than be Bid or Bid Amount like in the Legacy system.

•••
There may be an easier way to do it, but if you want to get back to the GD Legacy section, just Click Settings or Selling - Sold/Selling and you'll go back.

•••
Yeah every time for years when they switched me to the beta site I sent them an email that my saved searches don’t work. I guess no one ever reads any of the feedback. Cause I told the a massive amount of times

Thank you for saying how to get back to the classic

Last edited:
•••
Gotta love the zero warning that this was going to happen.

•••
It redirects me to the beta auction homepage whenever i try to access my watch list.
A real annoying mess.

•••
The situation has dropped to a whole new level, as the GoDaddy site doesn't even work anymore.

Every few clicks, I get this error and I am forced to start over. Right now I am trying to negotiate a domain sale and it's taking me forever due to the constant errors:

1701453208938.png

•••
The situation has dropped to a whole new level, as the GoDaddy site doesn't even work anymore.

Every few clicks, I get this error and I am forced to start over. Right now I am trying to negotiate a domain sale and it's taking me forever due to the constant errors:

Show attachment 249790
I'm seeing the same thing, DomainRecap. It is frustrating but, unfortunately, not surprising.

•••
Yet another major bug I found while using the New GoDaddy:

When listing your domains for sale, there is no longer a RED "Already Listed" warning when there is an erroneous/fraudulent/old listing already at GoDaddy. No email notices or other errors are present and there is no indication of a problem.

So unless you looked at the "Didn't Sell" tab, then you wouldn't notice that these domains were never listed on your account.

@GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
Another bug:

The Currency Setting does not stick and is constantly being overridden by GoDaddy's "oh-so smart" GEO sensor and I am forced to change it in my Settings every day.

The everything works fine until the next time I login and it GEO-senses me back.

Overall, it's pretty clear that the "new" system doesn't play well with the "old" system, and as only a portion of the GD site has been updated, this new/old hybrid platform is causing a lot of issues.

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy owned Afternic is doing this back and forth switching from classic to beta where some settings will be missing.

Why do sites think this is good usability? It should be 100% one way, with a "beta" test group giving feedback on a trial area before it is fully pushed ahead.

•••
There may be an easier way to do it, but if you want to get back to the GD Legacy section, just Click Settings or Selling - Sold/Selling and you'll go back.
Sadly this no longer works for me anymore. I can't figure out any way to get back to the legacy auctions layout.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back