IT.COM

GoDaddy auction problem: GoDaddy charged me $920 without my consent

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,
I would please need your help on how to handle a problem with Godaddy.
I've reported by phone a bug for a domain name auction, where my proxy bid was... $424k!
The person told me that he could no cancel my bid and that I would need to contact by email the auction department. Which I did the next minute.
Of course I won the auction, at a final price of 920usd. I've not paid for this domain name I did not want, but Godaddy has debited the amount from my Credit Card.
3 days after my request to cancel the auction or/and handle the domain to the 2nd bidder, a person from the support sent me a stupid copy and paste answer. I tried to explain that it is a problem with the platform and that I don't want the domain but they don't care. Any advice on how to solve this?
thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
apparently a security problem, they have asked me to change my password

•••
Nice to hear that! Bravo Godaddy, happy for you Centreurope

•••
At last, probably thanks to Joe Styler's intervention, the support sent me a message stating that the auction was cancelled and my money refunded. Apparently, the bidding IP did not match mine.
Godaddy probably should fire some lazy ***

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back