IT.COM

news GoDaddy adds back Whois counts

NameSilo
Watch

koolishman

Top Member
Impact
https://domainnamewire.com/2021/07/13/godaddy-adds-back-whois-counts.

GoDaddy has added Whois lookup counts to exported lists after removing them in a previous update.

The Whois counts tell domain name owners how many times people have looked up the Whois records for their domain names. Because .com is a “thin” Whois system, GoDaddy is pinged anytime someone does a Whois lookup for a domain registered there, regardless of where the Whois search takes place.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
*Yawn* Epik always had this.

Any other registrar except Epik & Godaddy?

Not trying to thread-hijack; epik is my fave, but interested if those are the only two, otherwise; this isnt really news.

Just means Godaddy slow to innovate.
And they used to have it? Gasp!’

•••
*Yawn* Epik always had this.

Any other registrar except Epik & Godaddy?

Not trying to thread-hijack; epik is my fave, but interested if those are the only two, otherwise; this isnt really news.

Just means Godaddy slow to innovate.
And they used to have it? Gasp!’

I think GD restored it after a year or so. 😳

Epik has much smoother interface on this.

•••
It would be great if Godaddy could put a link in the Whois to go to the Afternic listing for the domains that are for sale.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
the only thing godaddy has that is better than epik is afternic and godaddy probably has more brokers etc

but if epik was to buy or build its own auction that is not a liquidation auction but a standard auction etc godaddy wouldnt be able to compete

the industry needs domain name companies to hold a live weekly auction on

the saleroom .com

via a uk auction house

a live auction platform that is global

•••
Back