Domain Empire

Give us some examples!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

almasri

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
The idea is to share with us some examples of names that you think belong to the following categories:
1- Bad even though it looks good
2- Excellent even though it looks uninteresting.
5 names from each category would be great!
These examples would help newbies to better make their decisions :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For no.2 i can give this example

Phenian .com is capital of North Korea
even more often use is Pyongyang but name Phenian is used even in official talks by US government
For me is a very excellent geo domains

HoReQa .com is a brandable domain related with HORECA industry (hotel/restaurant/cafe or catering)
Can be easy to use in this niche

For no.1 i don't have a example at least at this point

Last edited:
•••
Example of Looks good but is bad

lnnovation (com)

Watch out for those lower case L's that look like capital I's.

Gotcha!!

IMO

•••
2- Excellent even though it looks uninteresting. ---------------> Some domains are heavily negative. Some domains are exteremly boring. Some domains are lazy. Some domains are awful, few are grumpy... In all, nobody cares about buying these names, unless you are okay to start with a perception that's almost negative. I admire DAN, it was previously called undeveloped, but they figured the world is not ready to accept the tone they are implying,.

When a startup using that name gets a million dollar valuation, eyes turn around to praise how catchy the brand resonates. I regged. some names, but can't sell due to the negative perception, or lack of positivity. A brand should invoke optimism, but some brands needs the fun quotient, and today if your brand lacks to communicate what you do, the name simply is forgotten. I can't quote examples, but acceptance by the world around you is often the question of concern. Your brand should not pull down your visitor's emotion, period.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back