Dynadot

Gifting a domain can be humorous.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Some time back I saw this dude asking for a domain in exchange for hosting and he claimed he was 14 years old. So I gave him a domain but never got the hosting offer in exchange. He replied his server was full but he was getting a dedicated plan and then he would give me lot of space. I said ok.....after a few days he said he cant do that either but instead he would give me 10 dollars. I said ok to that also and sent my paypal email address. I never received the money though.

The domain is still in my account so I thought I will change the password and see what his reaction will be. A few days back he emailed me saying, " Please send password, I need to change my dns setting to a new dedicated hosting server. You will get lot of space for your hosting needs. So I sent him the password and then waited for him to set me up with an hosting plan...... waited and waited...nothing........he sent back a very polite thank you note. hahahahahaha

Nice kid anyways.......he could have just changed the password and other details and kept the domain. :lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh yes...once I thought I would catch him on MSN Messenger and get the hosting.....he instead distracted me by telling me where to download the yet to be released new version of MSN messenger......and then we played tic-tac-toe. :lol:

•••
:lol:
That's not all that bad. I was doing a design for someone for $90 and I almost done. They were on everyday and I always talked to the to get all the details for the design. Then when I had almost finished, they just disappeared off the face of the earth. Never returning my email, or coming on AIM, or posting at any forums.

•••
Ouch... I haven't been hit with a low blow yet:!: But when I do, I'll come back with my story. Well, I had a near disater situation when I bought someone a domain and gave them all the info. They werre about to send me my money through paypal, but blocked me... OUCH... Looks like he forgot he went to my school. After my fist talked to his mouth, I got the payment. I think we were all happy.

•••
Yes, always ask for the payment, then hand over the domain.

•••
True... but then couldn't the owner ofthe domain just recieve the payment, and then run?

•••
•••
•••
Yeah, they could just take the domain and not give you anything at all. That would suck. You should always be careful.

•••
but don't give the buyer the bad name completely... there are alway many selllers like this...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back