Dynadot

Getting names out of GD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For years I've been able to renew domains at GD within 30 days of their expiry date without any fees, and I was able to do so up until a few days ago. Just now I try to renew some domains that expired a couple weeks ago (but still within standard 30 days) and I see $80 redemption fee for each? Whoa. What's going on? Any way to get these out? Is there something I missed? Already contacted them and awaiting reply but wondering if anyone here has any words of input/having similar issue...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you act quickly you may be able to transfer them out.

30 days is no more, since a couple years now I believe. It's around 12 days.

•••
why didnt you have it on auto renew?
Yeah, Godaddy change the policy which is a good thing. You could try and transfer them out.. or list them at Np for $1 start auctions to get rid of them and maybe get some cash for them.

•••
It's not a good thing, it's a sh*tty thing. My domains are headed for registrars with a 30 day grace.

Not saying I wait that long, because typically I don't.

Last edited:
•••
It's not a good thing, it's a sh*tty thing. My domains are headed for registrars with a 30 day grace.

Not saying I wait that long, because typically I don't.

This is a good thing, it allows domains to hit the floor from all the hoarders... if you can’t click a button that says auto renew you have no right to complain.. I wish there was no grace period.

Last edited:
•••
This is a good thing, it allows domains to hit the floor from all the hoarders... if you can’t click a button that says auto renew you have no right to complain.. I wish there was no grace period.

Hoarders? Do you remember which forum you're on?

If the day ever comes where you manage a few thousand domains, or a few thousand of anything, I'd bet you'll look back and eat your words.

Last edited:
•••
For years I've been able to renew domains at GD within 30 days of their expiry date without any fees, and I was able to do so up until a few days ago. Just now I try to renew some domains that expired a couple weeks ago (but still within standard 30 days) and I see $80 redemption fee for each? Whoa. What's going on? Any way to get these out? Is there something I missed? Already contacted them and awaiting reply but wondering if anyone here has any words of input/having similar issue...
Godaddy has been if you renew by day 18, redemption free, when covid hit they upped that to 30 days, looks like they removed it on Jan 1st, giving many a very big renewal bill, for any names outside 18 days.

•••
That's the thing, Godaddy is not consistent at all, and their inconsistency is punishing customers during difficult times and for doing that they truly suck.

Also navigating their awful website has become a nightmare.

•••
Hoarders? Do you remember which forum you're on?

If the day ever comes where you manage a few thousand domains, or a few thousand of anything, I'd bet you'll look back and eat your words.

lol just because I’m a member here at namepros doesn’t mean I invest in thousands of domains or even want to be in the domain investing industry...

•••
Anyone able to get auth codes to transfer out past this mark?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back