Dynadot

Get.im "Buyer" Placed a Fraudulent BIN at Sedo

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for the person who placed a fraudulent bid on a BIN for Get.im, Sedo coughs up personal details and a copy of the contract, so I know who he is and his address. Through some research, I also have his phone number.

If this person, who I suspect is on this forum, doesn't PM me and explain to me why he bid on my my name without any intention of paying for it and apologize for wasting my time, I will splash his details on this forum and on my personal site.

In case he thinks I'm blowing smoke, he lives in Windsor, Connecticut.

He has one week from today (2/20/2016).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cwv0u8.jpg

Go Get'IM!

•••
You certainly get a lot of problem bids? I don't think I have seen anyone person with more, but maybe it's just that you post about it more? It's certainly unusual to me. Do you always use the same name (Ms. Domainer)? Maybe people are just messing with you because of your posting reputation?

•••
You certainly get a lot of problem bids? I don't think I have seen anyone person with more, but maybe it's just that you post about it more? It's certainly unusual to me. Do you always use the same name (Ms. Domainer)? Maybe people are just messing with you because of your posting reputation?

Actually, I don't think it's all that uncommon.

I'm just louder about it.

I'm tired of it.

:)

•••
Hah. I know who this is. Windsor is all of 15 minutes from me. I found him while researching some 4L.com's.

Maybe it's a coincidence... but I doubt it.

•••
Hah. I know who this is. Windsor is all of 15 minutes from me. I found him while researching some 4L.com's.

It's a small world, indeed.

And the domaining world is even smaller.

•••

Uh oh. Someone is busted!

•••
How much was the BIN? FWIW all my biggest BIN's on Sedo have been deadbeat bids. Their fees suck too. So I decided not to list there any longer.

If they started requiring pre-funded accounts for BIN activity I would go back and happily pay their exorbitant min fee.

•••
How much was the BIN? FWIW all my biggest BIN's on Sedo have been deadbeat bids. Their fees suck too. So I decided not to list there any longer.

If they started requiring pre-funded accounts for BIN activity I would go back and happily pay their exorbitant min fee.

That is exactly what I have been saying too. They should at least charge some kind of deposit and give it to us if the buyer walks.

•••
Ive had countless phantom bids at Sedo. Its a problem they need to address in some way or another.

•••
Ive had countless phantom bids at Sedo. Its a problem they need to address in some way or another.

Well, they do. They hand over the buyer's information.

It's up to the seller to run with it.

After all, the domain does not belong to Sedo; they are simply the platform.

Other than banning and fining the ethical lightweights, what else would you expect Sedo to do?

•••
Well, they do. They hand over the buyer's information.

It's up to the seller to run with it.

After all, the domain does not belong to Sedo; they are simply the platform.

Other than banning and fining the ethical lightweights, what else would you expect Sedo to do?
You're very right, it is a situation that is not easily corrected. It's just never happened to me on any other platform, not even once but many times at Sedo. Maybe they are just a target because of their size. However, they can make their customer services better. In my past experience they're useless although I haven't used them for a while so this may have changed by now.

•••
Be aware:
Privacy laws vary from from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. While I'm not sure that posting about a deadbeat domainer is the kind of privacy that is protected you should consider that the data is not publicly available and thus you should not include sensitive or protected data.

Whether your beef is factually based or not is irrelevant when it comes to privacy protection laws.

•••
Again, 100% as far as I am concerned, deadbeat "buyers" need to be exposed,just too many of them - Name and Shame!

•••
Be aware:
Privacy laws vary from from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. While I'm not sure that posting about a deadbeat domainer is the kind of privacy that is protected you should consider that the data is not publicly available and thus you should not include sensitive or protected data.

Whether your beef is factually based or not is irrelevant when it comes to privacy protection laws.

Piffle.

His name and address are also available on the internet.

I looked it up.

•••
Yes, Like DU stated, I would add to it that before you laid out names, addresses, phone numbers, emails?
Check with a lawyer!

•••
In the US you can be sued at any time by anyone who cares to hire a lawyer to start the process. If you have any significant net worth you should have already seen a lawyer and gotten your financial matters structured in such a way as to make you judgement proof.

Better to spend the money setting things up right than wasting it getting a legal opinion on some action you are contemplating that might lead to legal problems. Then you don't have to worry about a slip & fall or some other action coming out of nowhere and destroying your financial peace of mind.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back