Dynadot

domains George K Turned Down $10MM Offer On A Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a surprise. He owns an incredible .com portfolio.

Brad

•••
Wow. Thx for letting us know.

•••
A 10MM opening offer? I doubt that ever happened before.

Maybe if the only way to make an offer is to enter 10MM?

The chances that someone that opens on their own with 10MM is not able to go a lot higher is zero.

Domain prices will continue to rise like everything else. Guard your good names, especially .com's. Pronounceable 4L's that pass the radio test should not sell for under 1mill.

•••
No disrespect but this is useless information for 99,9 % of people on Namepros. These turn-downers are living an alternative lifestyle in an alternative reality to the rest of us. Who in their right mind turns down $ 10000000 or $ 55555555 for a domain name ? It's not logical behaviour. Plus I don't believe either claim without evidence. So it's just boasting to get attention.

Last edited:
•••
•••
its hype like this that's gonna get him more good sales and offers

•••
No disrespect but this is useless information for 99,9 % of people on Namepros. These turn-downers are living an alternative lifestyle in an alternative reality to the rest of us. Who in their right mind turns down $ 10000000 or $ 55555555 for a domain name ? It's not logical behaviour. Plus I don't believe either claim without evidence. So it's just boasting to get attention.
I don’t think its useless info but yeah I guess its a form of bragging.

Too many domainers sell their names for peanuts so I have no issue with someone asking for more on any domain. The cost of everything goes up except domains. The supposed “sweet“ spot needs to be revised into the current century.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It’s good to be the king… 👑

•••
It’s good to be the king… 👑
I just turned down a 25mm initial offer for a .xyz domain. The guy insisted I pay the escrow fees and I don't want to. He upped the offer to 975mm but still refuses to pay the escrow fees. I'd rather sell it for 5 bucks than pay escrow fees. I might even let the name drop than to pay escrow fees.

Am I king 👑 now?

Last edited:
•••
I just turned down a 25mm initial offer for a .xyz domain. The guy insisted I pay the escrow fees and I don't want to. He upped the offer to 975mm but still refuses to pay the escrow fees. I'd rather sell it for 5 bucks than pay escrow fees. I might even let the name drop than to pay escrow fees.

Am I king 👑 now?
Not if it's .XYZ, there's only room for one king of that extension able to present huge sales with basically no proof.

•••
Absolutely useless piece of info. What's the domain name? What was the case? Describe a situation, so at least it's readable like a story. No use, no help, no fun in this article.

•••
Not if it's .XYZ, there's only room for one king of that extension able to present huge sales with basically no proof.

i guess u mean queen.. I agree she is only one able to.do this... but given reputable people interview her..talk bout her..plus namebio checks too.. I think they real.

but u gotta admit xyz fetching stupid high prices even on auctions.. llike sav... daily... alias for 5k or so... and many more.. insane ...

•••
i guess u mean queen.. I agree she is only one able to.do this... but given reputable people interview her..talk bout her..plus namebio checks too.. I think they real.

but u gotta admit xyz fetching stupid high prices even on auctions.. llike sav... daily... alias for 5k or so... and many more.. insane ...
Namebio doesn't check out. They are self reported, Afternic don't report sales to them.

•••
I've had plenty of telephone number sized initial offers. Literally telephone numbers, in the wrong form box.

Absolutely useless piece of info. What's the domain name? What was the case? Describe a situation, so at least it's readable like a story. No use, no help, no fun in this article.

Once upon a time baby bear was offered $10,000,000, which may or may not have been fake, for a string of characters in a database, stupidly said no, assuming because the big bad wolf has money they have nothing better to waste it on than a domain name (even one as good as granny.recipes) and regretted it when Wolfie sobered up the next day. They all did not live happily ever after.

Namebio doesn't check out. They are self reported, Afternic don't report sales to them.

Sounds like a good business plan. Pay $200k in renewals every year and pay for it with the imaginary money received from fake sales.

•••
Thanks for the info, but It's sales i like to hear about and i don't think this is 'newsworthy' even though George never created this thread himself.

Some domain investors like to use the internet as 'promotion' for their domains ie:- 'my domain is now $120 million', this gets posted around as 'news' when it's not really 'news' it's promotion as the internet is a poweful tool and what is said forever stays on it.

So if one day if a buyer comes in for this '$120m domain' but now the asking price is $6m/$8m or $12m 1,2 or 3 years from now, the aim is to make them think they getting a bargain with all the backlinks linking it to $120m.

I'm not saying George is doing that, he's not even said which domain it is, so have no doubt what he's saying is true, but until he makes the sale, i don't think it's a post for NamePros and maybe he (himself) will agree on that.

Last edited:
•••
He did not say that the offer came from his wife.

•••
•••
I turned down higher offers, because they were fake.

•••
A 10MM opening offer? I doubt that ever happened before.

FIrst time someone made an opening offer that high for a domain name in my company's portfolio, which I found unusual and worthy of a tweet.

•••
No Counter offer simple rejection?

•••
I turned down higher offers, because they were fake.
I'm sure he wouldn't have tweeted about it unless the offer had some legitimacy behind it.

•••
I tuned down a 500 € offer yesterday

•••
I realize this type of offer has no relevance to me, or 99.99% of other domain investors...but I don't think many people realize the quality of George's portfolio.

The domain might be a LL.com. It might be an ultra short single word .COM.

It would be that type of domain. There is no way we are talking about some average domain here.

Regardless, George is a good guy who has done as much or more fighting for registrant rights and against ICANN's bureaucracy / abuse of power than anyone.

I have no doubt the offer is legit if he brought it up. There is no way this is some offer from an unvetted party.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back