IT.COM

domains George K Turned Down $10MM Offer On A Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that this can still have xyz kinda traction if, as usual, all of the blog/news websites can report this as gospel still despite having no proof... Hype trains don't power themselves you know.

Jokes aside, thanks for clarifying @GeorgeK.

Last edited:
•••
So basically it was a $ l0,000,000.00 USD offer, it seems that even fraudsters understand that "com" is not "top".

•••
Be interesting to know what was in it for the fraudster who submitted the offer.

Anyone have a theory of what they hoped to gain from it? Like had George not rejected it outright, had they hoped to build some trust that would somehow lead to some information of value to them?

•••
Be interesting to know what was in it for the fraudster who submitted the offer.

Anyone have a theory of what they hoped to gain from it? Like had George not rejected it outright, had they hoped to build some trust that would somehow lead to some information of value to them?

A $10m sale is obviously going to include lawyers. At some point you actually have to make payment.

Yeah, not really sure what their end game was.

Brad

•••
As far as I understand, he looks at Micheal Saylor video every day and thinks his domains are all also worth $10M+. I asked yesterday on Twitter if he is feeling ok. And now he suggests I also look at the video. I mean I have my doubts...

•••
Perhaps they thought that some folks would transfer the domain name first, before receiving the money? Or perhaps they hoped to scam the escrow company, and 'spoof' a "we have received payment, you can send the auth code", or .....?

I'd only ever use lawyers (no escrow companies), but others perhaps use different processes that might have exposed them to a potential loss. Stay vigilant!

•••
As far as I understand, he looks at Micheal Saylor video every day and thinks his domains are all also worth $10M+. I asked yesterday on Twitter if he is feeling ok. And now he suggests I also look at the video. I mean I have my doubts...

LOL That's not correct. [someone else sent me a link to that podcast earlier this week, so I watched it one time] As to what I think my domains are worth, why would you care so much? I'm doing just fine, regardless of this attempt to scam me of my domain.

•••
LOL That's not correct. [someone else sent me a link to that podcast earlier this week, so I watched it one time] As to what I think my domains are worth, why would you care so much? I'm doing just fine, regardless of this attempt to scam me of my domain.

LOL, we know you watched it at least two times yesterday. At least you made at least one post about it :)

I was generally concerned by your well being, I mean you said you have declined several 8 figures offers on your domains. I looked at the portfolio, don`t get me wrong, it's one to kill for, but there are no 8 figure domains.

I mean if you sell something for $10M, you could replace it with at least 10 same grade domains in the current market.

That's why I was concerned.

Last edited:
•••
LOL, we know you watched it at least two times yesterday. At least you made at least one post about it :)

I was generally concerned by your well being, I mean you said you have declined several 8 figures offers on your domains. I looked at the portfolio, don`t get me wrong, it's one to kill for, but there are no 8 figure domains.

I mean if you sell something for $10M, you could replace it with at least 10 same grade domains in the current market.

That's why I was concerned.

As I said, I watched it one time. As for what the domains are worth, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

Show me where you can find domains equal in value to School.com, Math.com or Leap.com for $1 million these days, and I'd buy them (in cash).

Last edited:
•••
•••
As I said, I watched it one time. As for what the domains are worth, you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

Show me where you can find domains equal in value to School.com, Math.com or Leap.com for $1 million these days, and I'd buy them (in cash).

Look at this oxley . com guys site for example, he used to have prices, now they have min offers.

text, editor, document, athlete, vehicle, audit all dot com you get all under $1M probably.

That's just one seller.

I mean school is very nice, but what school will pay 8 figures?

math same problem, what school etc will pay 8 figs?

leap - I mean I had to look at the dictionary what it means, I am not a native English speaker. Is it 8 figs? I can`t be the only one. I know JUMP, but LEAP I had to look up.

I mean I can give you more appraisals if you like

ZN not 8 figs, QF not 8, jukebox 8figs?, maybe 20 years ago when all knew what jukebox is.
reporter not 8,

HB and MIRACLE I like 7 figs on a good day.
depot is also nice - but 8 figs? Probably not

But feel free to post domains that you think are 8 figs for sure from your portfolio. Or better post one domain that you have turned down an actual 8 fig offer.

Last edited:
•••
George, opening 8 figure offers I think most people (probably even you yourself) questioned the legitimacy of it, that's why it's probably best keeping it to yourself mate until a sale happens.

A lot of people on here don't have much money, so when they read about people turning down 8 figure offers, jealously creeps in, even when sales happen, jealous people are reading and 'a sale' can become negative, it's one of the reasons why i don't report sales.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Good times

Last edited:
•••
1642352298778.png

•••
That is escalating very slowly.

•••
A lot of people on here don't have much money, so when they read about people turning down 8 figure offers, jealously creeps in, even when sales happen, jealous people are reading and 'a sale' can become negative, it's one of the reasons why i don't report sales.

Just for the record, no matter how much money I (don't) have - I am glad to announce that I am in absolutely no way jealous if I read about someone's sale(s), this life is a test and therefore every level of success / wealth / whatever.

Everything has (at least) 2 sides and it would just be very shortsighted and pitiful to be jealous to someone other's success / wealth / whatever.

I wish George Kirikos the highest possible sales that his domain names can reach, the same applies of course to any other domainer and their domain names (of course only as long as the domain name is not supporting something bad (for example, as these fraudsters did use it as a trap to lure with a $ 10,000,000.00 USD offer), the TLD (in other words the question which TLD is not just hierarchically but also literally top) doesn't play a role for me in this point.

•••
Lol. Fake post. I don't think this guy has guts to turn down a 10 million USD offer.

•••
Meh, I think there are domains worth $10m or even $25m to the right company. But discussion is limited when we don't know anything about the offer or the domain. Do we even know if it's a .com? Even a description like brandable, 2 character or something will provide more fodder.

But good for him owning a solid portfolio and the balls to turn down that offer. Must be nice to not need $10m.

•••
Why do these kind of posts turn always into shame?
What was the reason posting such thing anyway? Let me guess, attention?

•••
Why do these kind of posts turn always into shame?
What was the reason posting such thing anyway? Let me guess, attention?

No one is shaming George Kirikos. The offer was not legit.

•••
how high are we willing to go to turn the offer down? I mean you can do alot with $10mm still, you know. yipes. He couldve bought 1000s of more to invest with that.

•••
how high are we willing to go to turn the offer down? I mean you can do alot with $10mm still, you know. yipes. He couldve bought 1000s of more to invest with that.
or retired in the caribbean with it. ugh. :meh:

•••
@GeorgeK

is it LEAP?

That’s the one you promote near your name. Love it =) No disrespect, sir.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back