Domain Empire

Generating traffic to website from YouTube

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
YouTube Traffic

I mirrored the Saddam Execution video on YouTube and placed a reference to my Look What Dave Found blog in the description and my usual uniques traffic has quadrupled.. I've had 351 uniques today alone so far. That's almost 1/5 of the total uniques I had all month last month! I'm gonna have to experiment with using YouTube a bit more!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
advaita said:
Another question. I just went to another site and they had a long list of do's and dont's among them was one which said no advertising of your own website, which they considered to be spamming. Wouldn't people get a bit annoyed if you were advertising your website on their website ? Just curious as I'm a newbie and don't know what's acceptable and what isn't.

Well, one way "around" looking spammy is to set up a blog, and on MetaCafe, you can post a "relevant link", which I make the address of the blog post. I put more information about the movie on the blog post than I can in the description field on the video site, so I think that makes it relevant, while at the same time, it drives traffic to my site.

•••
I just hate having to watch an ad on MetaCafe before the actual video plays.

RegFee said:
Well, one way "around" looking spammy is to set up a blog, and on MetaCafe, you can post a "relevant link", which I make the address of the blog post. I put more information about the movie on the blog post than I can in the description field on the video site, so I think that makes it relevant, while at the same time, it drives traffic to my site.

•••
dav3.us said:
I agree.

Thirty second comercials may be good for TV but never for the Internet.

However, ads with 3, 5 and even 10 second ads may have a good future for companies to monetize on the Internet.

•••
A banner ad above or below the video should be sufficient.. I normally won't even click on a video link if I think I have to watch an ad first..

YesBrilliant said:
I agree.

Thirty second comercials may be good for TV but never for the Internet.

However, ads with 3, 5 and even 10 second ads may have a good future for companies to monetize on the Internet.

•••
dav3.us said:

Which is probably why people rate videos so harshly on MetaCafe if it isn't good enough. They think, "I had to wait for THAT?"

•••
the video sites and social networks are valuable resources for us webmasters

another idea for getting some extra exposure is to write an ebook and offer it on download.com :)

•••
Exactly..

Why not try my.break.com .. I think you get paid to post there as well.

RegFee said:
Which is probably why people rate videos so harshly on MetaCafe if it isn't good enough. They think, "I had to wait for THAT?"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back