Domain Empire

Generating traffic to website from YouTube

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
YouTube Traffic

I mirrored the Saddam Execution video on YouTube and placed a reference to my Look What Dave Found blog in the description and my usual uniques traffic has quadrupled.. I've had 351 uniques today alone so far. That's almost 1/5 of the total uniques I had all month last month! I'm gonna have to experiment with using YouTube a bit more!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yea, YouTube can bring a lot of hits in. I've had some successes, especially with videos that got 250,000+ hits.

•••
Just think, if we could execute a major world figure every week, we could make Dave a rich man! :)

Actually it's just all about having the in-demand videos... it's hard to come by those very often..

•••
I've been looking into this more and more, and it seems like a great way for free exposure. In the recently popular "N64 kid" video, people have posted comments of information on their non-profit programs, and if a video gets about 4 million views, then people are bound to read that comment.

Nice work, Dave! :gl:

•••
860 uniques in two days so far.. yeah, I'd been thinking of trying to expand into YouTube and MySpace promotion as I hear many people are being very successful in this respect.. I'll keep you posted!

•••
What do you mean you mirrored it? Can you post example or link?

thanks.

•••
In other words, I uploaded the video to my account on Youtube and thereby "mirrored" it.. the video was originally only available on Google Video at first.

HasRob said:
What do you mean you mirrored it? Can you post example or link?

thanks.

•••
Post it on other video sites as well. Traffic from video sites are in terms of thousands.

Update us with the graph?

•••
Thanks for sharing this technique. Will try it soon!

Recently, I did t alreay with Flick.com and got similar results.

•••
What kind of videos? just anything in the top charts?

•••
Be first with hot topics.. another technique is to video blog on the video sites with links back to your sites.

Lemon Jelly said:
What kind of videos? just anything in the top charts?

•••
Yep, this strategy will get traffic, but is it the type of traffic you want?

If so, how about adding this one to your blog, as it's also making the news today:

Daniela Cicarelli romping in the sea off Cadiz in Spain.

The ex-wife of Brazilian football star Ronaldo was secretly filmed cavorting with Brazilian banker Renato Malzoni.

http://www.layoutidea.com/daniela.php

- Vince

•••
I used a similar technique with MetaCafe, except I went all out. I made my username TopVideoBlogs.com, and at the end of the video I made of my dog flicking the treat, I put a copyright TopVideoBlogs.com

http://www.metacafe.com/user/3832400/topvideoblogs_com/

I haven't really put any effort into developing the site, but the traffic surge (30 uniques I think) from just the Spider video made me want to make more videos. I already have a ton of video tutorials planned, and the Producer Rewards can't be beat!

•••
You have a point.. relevancy is always a concern.. like maybe a link to that particular video doesn't belong here either. Is LayoutIdea your site btw?

vincenzo said:
Yep, this strategy will get traffic, but is it the type of traffic you want?

•••
Did you use a clickable link in your description?

•••
No, I didn't and traffic has fallen but is still twice what it was prior to my posting the video. Over 1100 uniques ...

bananamonkey said:
Did you use a clickable link in your description?

•••
Just to update, I've had 1859 uniques so far this month. Had 1270 uniques all month last month so there was definitely some improvement. 995 views of the Saddam Execution video post. Over 3000 views on YouTube.

•••
interesting treath... I will keep an eye on this progress

•••
I put up a clip from a Page 3 girls sex tape and slapped my URL on the screen, had nearly 1000 hits to my site yesterday.

•••
How do we find the clip LJ ?

•••
YouTube i would have to try that some day :) currently i tried my super duper combo of social networking and i got 31025 uniques in less than 20 hours :D including a bulk load of free backlinks :p ( gave me a lot of revenue too :p)

•••
2274 uniques so far.. now if they would start translating into clicks.. ;) It's rare I get clicks on LWDF.. I do better on my other sites by far.

dav3.us said:
Just to update, I've had 1859 uniques so far this month. Had 1270 uniques all month last month so there was definitely some improvement. 995 views of the Saddam Execution video post. Over 3000 views on YouTube.

•••
I just had a look - so maybe your unique viewers went up - nice mansion in Crete for about 6 million ! So a few more million clicks on my site and I'm off.

•••
Another question. I just went to another site and they had a long list of do's and dont's among them was one which said no advertising of your own website, which they considered to be spamming. Wouldn't people get a bit annoyed if you were advertising your website on their website ? Just curious as I'm a newbie and don't know what's acceptable and what isn't.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back