Dan.com

question GDPR domain transfers

Namecheap

8.UA

New Member
Impact
2
Before GDPR started, gaining registrar parsing WHOIS data and trying to send FOA emails to the registrant or admin contact, but as I understand this will no longer work.

Did you have successful domain name transfers after 25th May?
If yes, please specify from what registrar to what it was possible to transfer without problems.

For example:
Dynadot->PDR
or
NetworkSolutions->Enom
 
Last edited:
Impact
43
I have submitted transfer domain name currently privacy protected
Out Name.com
In Namesilo.com

Domain name transfer status at Namesilo.com is:
Pending at Registry
Your transfer request is pending at the central registry. The registrar you are transferring away from has 5 days to cancel the request, or else it will proceed. Some registrars allow expediting outbound transfers by manually approving the transfer request from within your account. You may try logging into your account at the registrar you are leaving, or asking them if this is an option for you.

Your current registrar has until 2018-06-08 20:50:24 to reject the transfer. If they do not reject the transfer, it will complete within 48 hours of this date and time. There is unfortunately nothing we can do to expedite this process. You can read more concerning the timing of transfer completions by clicking the Help icon on the top of this page.
 

usernamex

Top Contributor
Impact
12,679
Since the change, have completed Epik to Hexonet, no issues, was xyz. Epik has fast approve and once that showed in control panel the transfer was done within hours.

Currently doing some com net org from DomFam into LCN, will update as it makes progress. Had no issues getting Auth Codes from DomFam @elmoney - can you see the Contact info in your DomFam control panel?

BigRockIN to LCN, theres no fast approve out of PDR, so will tke the full 5 days, they did send the Cancel transfer email already though.
 
I transferred a domain I sold a few days ago via authorization code; didn't even realize anything had changed, business as usual.
1 change due to GDPR.
WHOIS parsing and initial email from the gaining registrar are deprecated (this approval is not needed anymore).
 
Last edited:
There are impossible to transfer from Domain.com
Unable to resend Authcode for '*****.com'. Invalid contact type, or no email address found for domain.

Domain.com do not send an auth code to owner email
So this registrar is NOT GDPR ready, they had at least ~2 months but didn't anything to upgrade their system.

See above.
 
Last edited:

Jv1999

Wander Aimlessly: Redeemed Knight of the Exo-Tower
Impact
3,144
So this registrar is NOT GDPR ready, they had at least ~2 months but didn't anything to upgrade their system.

See above.
Hi Jurgen

I'm also trying to transfer out from IONOS, but my domain is expiring 11/27/21. Namesilo sent an email to admin email for verification but I can't click it to proceed because GDPR is preventing the real email to be sent.. I already removed IONOS privacy 3 hours ago.

My question is, will my transfer still go through? If it's not pending by the 27th, then IONOS will probably lock the domain and i can't unlock it!
 
@Jv1999
They don't lock anything, you can also release your domains instantly with 1and1.
I don't know: why NameSilo still acts like prior GDPR times, according to current ICANN policy mentioned above (#12) - the gaining registrar must not send these initial emails but immediately start the transfer.
Transfer to another registrar like Dynadot etc.

And I left this forum, please no further quests and bumps.
 
Last edited:

forge

goodbye
Impact
8,522
@Jv1999
They don't lock anything, you can also release your domains instantly with 1and1.
I don't know: why NameSilo still acts like prior GDPR times, according to current ICANN policy mentioned above (#12) - the gaining registrar must not send these initial emails but immediately start the transfer.
Transfer to another registrar like Dynadot etc.

And I left this forum, please no further quests and bumps.
Mind boggling. @namesilo why is this allowed to persist?

I've encountered the same issue as Jv1999. Consequently the transfer is going to another registrar, where it was approved and initiated within seconds.
 
Last edited:
Top